Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 16th September 2008, 15:51

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis_saint View Post
I'm encountering the same problem, with ISPConfig 2.2.25. Did reinstalling ISPConfig ontop of an existing installation fix the issue?

Regards,

Lewis
Haven't tryed that Lewis, but I don't think it will help. I have tried making a new install with the same instructions as before and it is the same error i receive :-(

I will report back if I have any success on this thread.
Sponsored Links
Old 15th November 2008, 20:45

Hi,

is there already a solution to this problem? I basically have the same problem with ispconfig 2.2.27.

I was also missing the libxml2-devel package. I tried to redeploy ispconfig like you do it for upgrading the system, but I had no luck.

So long,
Stefan
Old 19th November 2008, 21:54

In the same boat here...

Fresh install of ISPConfig from earlier this week, roundcube 2.0 package from ispconfig website

Turning off HTML mail does let it display whatever non-html mail message is there, which is kinda useless for my needs.

Edit - here is how the PHP from ISPConfig is compiled...
Code:
'./configure' '--with-apxs=/root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apxs' '--enable-track-vars' '--enable-sockets' '--enable-mbstring=all' '--with-config-file-path=/root/ispconfig/php' '--enable-ftp' '--prefix=/root/ispconfig/php' '--with-openssl=/root/ispconfig/openssl' '--with-mysql=/usr' '--disable-libxml' '--disable-dom' '--disable-xml' '--disable-xmlreader' '--disable-xmlwriter' '--disable-simplexml' '--without-pear' '--with-mcrypt=/root/ispconfig/libmcrypt'

Last edited by id10t; 19th November 2008 at 21:58.
Old 19th November 2008, 22:38

id10t,,
From what I learned, your ispconfig also compiled php with the wrong parameters.

Code:
--disable-libxml --disable-dom --disable-xml ...
I have a legacy system to maintain, so I cannot mess too much around. But maybe it is possible to modify the ispconfig package to force "dom document" support.

I planned some closer examination of this problem for the coming weekend, since I need to setup some vm to debug this.
But some more input is always welcome
Old 20th November 2008, 02:07

I think I am in the same boat. Yes, my ispconfig's php isn't compiled with the correct options...

I wonder *why* though. Why is it that ISPConfig uses its own php engine instead of a system installed one. With the separation between apache and apache2 shouldnt' that be enough? Then it is a simple matter of apt-get installing the appropriate php module... Or is there something in ispconfig that is truly incompatible?

What gets me is that I wouldn't have even installed the roundcube package (provided from ispconfig website) if there had been notes on it such as "mostly works, but does not support receiving html mail".

Then again, I wonder why roundcube needs the extra stuff to display HTML mail. Should be as easy as dumping out some basic php/html (php to confirm person viewing has logged in as the user that owns said mail, the html is provided in the mail) to a temp file and redirecting browser in a new/popup window.
Old 20th November 2008, 12:58

You are absolutely right, but it doesn't help complaining about things we cannot change . I will report back, if I'm able to provide some workaround.

Maybe you have also some time to dig around in the ispconfig package.

One hint, you need the "libxml2-devel" package for the dom-document support.
Old 20th November 2008, 13:08
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts

The information you refer to in this thread are outdated. The current ISPConfig version compiles PHP automatically with libxml2 support if you have the libxml devel package installed on your server. So to get libxml support in ispconfig php, install libxml2 dev package from your linux distribution, then download ispconfig 2.2.27 and run the setup script. ISPConfig will update your system then and compiles php with libxml2 support.
Old 20th November 2008, 20:15

Thanks for this information Till,
but this doesn't work out for me. I exactly followed the steps you described, downloaded libxml2-devel package and try to update ispconfig to 2.2.27.

Maybe the problem is/was that I had already 2.2.27 installed when trying those steps!?

But I am not 100% sure if the problem is roundcube or ispconfig. Is there any method to verify dom document support?

I tried this, which gives me no result...
Code:
updatedb
locate DOMDocument.php
Old 23rd November 2008, 22:24

Just wanted to report back. I tried everything today to get php-DOM document support running. But no luck

I saved a putty log of one of my ispconfig upgrade attempts to get this running (libxml2-devel is installed). Maybe someone can check this what's wrong...
http://dafritz.lima-city.de/ispconfig.txt

BTW I use CentOS 4.7
Old 1st December 2008, 07:07

Angry Not working for me too

Hi folks,

same on my side — noway to get this to work for more then 6h now…
  1. Have "libxml2-devel" installed and is up to date
  2. Went from Version: 2.2.25 to Version: 2.2.27
  3. Went from RC1 to RC2
  4. Tryed mods on /root/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/compile
ANYONE got this to work?
How & where to you mod /root/install_ispconfig/compile_aps/compile
What's this switch good for[line: 24]
Code:
which xml2-config
if [ $? != 0 ]; then
  WITH_XML="--disable-libxml --disable-dom --disable-xml --disable-xmlreader --disable-xmlwriter --disable-simplexml"
else
  WITH_XML=""
fi
I tryed to to change this line[24] and/or line[144]
Code:
./configure --with-apxs=${INSTALL_ROOT}/httpd/bin/apxs --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-mbstring=all…
Installed 2.2.27 7 times over and over — and ofcourse the certs broke 3times… so rebuilt them…

In total frustration
Cheers

Last edited by make-fun; 1st December 2008 at 12:33.