Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 11th August 2005, 21:51
hagel hagel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Exclamation Postfix ERROR! - Need fix for this!

I've been trying to understand why I've been having so much problems with postfix since I installed ISPConfig and created mail-accounts through it.
It turns out ISPConfig doesn't make an entry with only the domain which is demanded when using smtp-auth etc.

A line like this should be added by ISPConfig when creating the first account on a new domain:
"example.com"
That's all that's required but without it all you'll get is a whole lot of 554 : Relay access denied
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 11th August 2005, 22:01
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,745 Times in 2,578 Posts
Default

Which file do you mean?
ISPConfig adds all the domains that Postfix should handle to /etc/postfix/local-host-names.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 11th August 2005, 22:29
hagel hagel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
Which file do you mean?
ISPConfig adds all the domains that Postfix should handle to /etc/postfix/local-host-names.
I'm talking about /etc/postfix/virtual_maps

I have no 'local-host-names' in my /etc/postfix directory, and I can't find any references to it anywhere.

Searched in Postfix: The ultimate guide by O'Reilly, couldn't find it there either.



--

Tried creating local-host-names but no changes were made to it..
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 11th August 2005, 23:03
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,745 Times in 2,578 Posts
Default

Then your ISPConfig installation went wrong, or your system isn't configured properly for the use of ISPConfig. ISPConfig does not use a virtualmaps file, it uses /etc/postfix/local-host-names and /etc/postfix/virtusertable, and the ISPConfig installer includes these two files in /etc/postfix/main.cf so that Postfix can use them.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12th August 2005, 09:38
hagel hagel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Sounds strange, since ISPConfig actually rewrites my virtual_maps and then runs postmap virtual_maps to activate the changes.

Which script is activated when creating a new e-mail account? 'll have a look at it if someone can point out the path.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12th August 2005, 09:44
hagel hagel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

And after searching postfix.org for virtusertable and virtual_maps I strongly advise you to change ISPConfig for the use of virtual_maps instead, since that seems to be the correct way, not virtusertable.

Maybe my Postfix conf isn't compatible with ISPConfig, but I'd rather say ISPConfig isn't compatible with my standard installation of Postfix.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12th August 2005, 11:33
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,745 Times in 2,578 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagel
And after searching postfix.org for virtusertable and virtual_maps I strongly advise you to change ISPConfig for the use of virtual_maps instead, since that seems to be the correct way, not virtusertable.

Maybe my Postfix conf isn't compatible with ISPConfig, but I'd rather say ISPConfig isn't compatible with my standard installation of Postfix.
It doesn't matter at all how the file is called as long as it's included in /etc/postfix/main.cf.

And no, ISPConfig does definitely not write anything to virtual_maps!

We've been working with Postfix for years, so we _do_know_ what we're doing.

So I repeat it here:

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
Then your ISPConfig installation went wrong, or your system isn't configured properly for the use of ISPConfig. ISPConfig does not use a virtualmaps file, it uses /etc/postfix/local-host-names and /etc/postfix/virtusertable, and the ISPConfig installer includes these two files in /etc/postfix/main.cf so that Postfix can use them.
You can have a look at /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/classes/ispconfig_postfix.lib.php if that is helpful for you.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12th August 2005, 12:38
hagel hagel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Thank you for all your help, but again, ISPConfig writes to my virtual_maps file, it seems ISPConfig treats it like as if it was virtusertable

Here is a part of my virtual_maps file, which is automatically updated by ISPConfig every time I add a new email.

Code:
###################################
#
# ISPConfig virtusertable Configuration File
#         Version 1.0
#
###################################
bertil@www.schewenius.se    web16_bertil
web16_bertil@www.schewenius.se    web16_bertil
bertil@schewenius.se    web16_bertil
web16_bertil@schewenius.se    web16_bertil
info@www.hagel.cc    web15_info
web15_info@www.hagel.cc    web15_info
info@hagel.cc    web15_info
web15_info@hagel.cc    web15_info
mobil@www.hagel.cc    web15_mobil
web15_mobil@www.hagel.cc    web15_mobil
mobil@hagel.cc    web15_mobil
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12th August 2005, 12:48
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,745 Times in 2,578 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagel
Thank you for all your help, but again, ISPConfig writes to my virtual_maps file, it seems ISPConfig treats it like as if it was virtusertable

Here is a part of my virtual_maps file, which is automatically updated by ISPConfig every time I add a new email.

Code:
###################################
#
# ISPConfig virtusertable Configuration File
#         Version 1.0
#
###################################
bertil@www.schewenius.se    web16_bertil
web16_bertil@www.schewenius.se    web16_bertil
bertil@schewenius.se    web16_bertil
web16_bertil@schewenius.se    web16_bertil
info@www.hagel.cc    web15_info
web15_info@www.hagel.cc    web15_info
info@hagel.cc    web15_info
web15_info@hagel.cc    web15_info
mobil@www.hagel.cc    web15_mobil
web15_mobil@www.hagel.cc    web15_mobil
mobil@hagel.cc    web15_mobil

Is it possible that you put a symlink from virtusertable to virtual_maps?

What did you enter when the ISPConfig installer asked you for the Postfix virtusertable file? /etc/postfix/virtual_maps?
Which value do you see in ISPConfig (Management -> Server -> Settings -> EMail)?
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12th August 2005, 12:58
hagel hagel is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 41
Thanks: 0
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
 
Default

Ah, there it is!

I've entered /etc/postfix/virtual_maps

But then again, I still have the problem with the domain not being added anywhere.. What changes should ISPConfig setup have done to main.cf??
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Postfix Header Checks dirk Installation/Configuration 8 30th May 2010 14:38
Virtual Hosting with Postfix alexej HOWTO-Related Questions 26 27th May 2006 06:46
Postfix Problem m u r Installation/Configuration 0 8th August 2005 20:12
Postfix on localhost andy Server Operation 1 9th May 2005 18:16
Postfix version? fernando Server Operation 1 25th April 2005 17:19


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 09:01.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.