Old 2nd June 2008, 03:59

Default URL for wget ISPConfig 2.2.23

Hello,

I am struggling to find a working url to download ISPConfig 2.2.23. I am trying to install it on a new build of Fedora 9 (following "the perfect server Fedora 9" how to) but none of the URLs I can find will work:

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/i...-2.2.23.tar.gz

http://easynews.dl.sourceforge.net/s...-2.2.23.tar.gz

etc.

When I enter the wget and the url it will say "20 redirections exceded." Sometimes it will hang on: belnet.dl.sourceforge.net|193.190.198.97|:80 . . . but nothing happens.

I am still trying to learn the basics of Unix. I have downloaded the install files on a windows machine using either of the links above, is there a way to move it to my fedora box? I'm so confused

Any help is greatly appreciated.
PW
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd June 2008, 08:40

For sure there is. Just use WinSCP (in case of a Windowsbox), auth. via the "ssh-user" you want to access and drag and drop over your ispconfig file.
Old 2nd June 2008, 09:23

Default ssh-user

Man I'm having trouble with the authentication, I have not tried the client that you menionted, however I tried browsing to it via FTP://Host but I cannot even authenticate as root, it just keeps asking for the un and pwd over and over, Is that per design?

AS for creating users, I'm confused about what version of Fedora I have, I know I have Fedora 9, but when I look up how to create accounts all I find is stuff with a GUI like the Fedora Desktop. By following the "perfect setup Fedora server" instructions I don't have a GUI, just command line.

And if I do figure out how to create the user, is there a default group that will give it FTP permissions?

I apologize, I am very new to this and trying to figure it all out as I go. Thanks.

Last edited by ePatrickWhite; 2nd June 2008 at 09:24. Reason: Mispelled
Old 2nd June 2008, 13:27

I'd suggest WinSCP. At first you do not need to set up anything, all you need comes with ssh per default.
So just connect and authenticate with the ssh user + pw.

I'd never ever connect via as root via ftp, at least because ftp is unencrypted.
Old 2nd June 2008, 22:45

Default Ssh

I really appreciate this info. I have learned quite a bit over the past few days just by following the tutorials and guides that I can find. I now have a far better understanding of how and what I'm doing here.

Now that I understand what SSH really is I gotta ask - it was not part of the installation I performed when I followed the "How To - The perfect Server Fedora 9" guide. Is this something built into Fedora because I cannot find it, nor can I figure out how to set the password.

Do you have any suggestions of tutorials I should read for this info?

THANKS!
Old 3rd June 2008, 10:41
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,578 Posts

SSH is installed by default on Fedora, therefore it's not mentioned in the tutorial.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: