Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 6th October 2006, 19:45

Default PHP not working in Web but works in Console

I've had ISPConfig installed on Ubuntu (Dapper) for about 3 weeks. Everything (seemingly) has worked fine. I've got 2 websites loaded on ISPConfig and email (Postfix) is working fine, as well as Bind DNS.

I have PHP enabled (Safe Mode off) in both websites but PHP does not work for the websites (tested with a phpinfo file). When I goto the file..it shows the script, rather than running it (you know the drill).

Anyway, I tried running the phpinfo file from the console, at it works there by running:

Code:
root@mail: /var/www/web4/ php info.php
I get the standard phpinfo output. If I try to access it from a browser (locally or remotely) I get the script text.

[EDIT: I just found...I can access the PHP correctly when remote. So, the problem only appears to be when I try to access the website directly from the server box...using 127.0.0.1, or localhost, or 192.168.X.XXX these all fail.)]

My install went smoothly as far as I know. The only change that I made that I can think might have affected anything is to have changed my hostname since install. I also appointed the wrong IP address in my install of ISPConfig. However, everything (except PHP) is working fine.

(As a result of changing my hostname, I did have to modify my MySQL usertable to add the new hostname).

Any Ideas? Any log files I should post to help light the way?

Thanks,
Rob.

Last edited by rojozak; 6th October 2006 at 19:49.
Sponsored Links
Old 7th October 2006, 14:07
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,743 Times in 2,577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rojozak
[EDIT: I just found...I can access the PHP correctly when remote. So, the problem only appears to be when I try to access the website directly from the server box...using 127.0.0.1, or localhost, or 192.168.X.XXX these all fail.)]
You must always use a FQDN to access your web sites. If you have a web site www.example.com, then you must use www.example.com in your browser, not the IP address or localhost. ISPConfig creates name-based vhosts.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: