Old 14th May 2008, 14:29

Default Yikes! Noob needs help...

I installed Debian Etch using the Perfect Install without hitch. Moved on to ISPConfig. When I installed it I got it up and running no problem, but the next time I logged in this is what I got:

Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111 in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php on line 77

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 40

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 41

Warning: mysql_real_escape_string() [function.mysql-real-escape-string]: A link to the server could not be established in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 41

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/classes/ispconfig_db_mysql.lib.php:77) in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/login/login.php on line 60

Any suggestions? If this is an issue that has been dealt with in another thread please direct me there and I will read up on it. Thank you.

Greg - Manassas, VA

"The hardest thing about the Zombie Apocalypse will be pretending I'm not excited."

Last edited by gwehner; 14th May 2008 at 14:33.
Sponsored Links
Old 14th May 2008, 16:20

Default more

Here's an interesting discovery - I get the above error message regardless of the username or password I enter. I changed my password when I first logged in. Is it possible this is part of the issue?
Old 15th May 2008, 19:12
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,721 Times in 2,562 Posts

What's the output of
Code:
netstat -tap
? I guess MySQL isn't running.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 16th May 2008, 14:03

Default mysql missing components

You're right about MySQL falco - from what I have been able to determine so far I am missing mysqld.sock - not only is it not located where it should be, I can't find it at all to do a symbolic link (I used grep). I've tried to find info on how to get it or re-build it, but no luck so far. At this point I'm thinking of scrapping the whole install and starting over, but I'd probabaly learn more if I could figure out how to troubleshoot the existing install. Any help would be appreciated, but I understand I'm not offering much to work with. If you need me to provide more info let me know and I'll dig into it. Thank you!
Old 16th May 2008, 22:54
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,721 Times in 2,562 Posts

Can you restart MySQL? Do you get any errors then? Also check your logs.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: