Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Developers' Forum

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 13th March 2009, 13:31

Default wiki

Any progress on wiki, may I get login and start documenting ?

pete
Sponsored Links
Old 28th December 2009, 19:49

Default How to

hwo can i use this class to greate mods and apps?

Last edited by DUCKFACE; 2nd August 2011 at 00:02.
Old 28th December 2009, 19:53
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,259 Times in 4,123 Posts

See link in the first post:

http://docs.ispconfig.org/en-sandbox...e=isp-config-3
Old 29th December 2009, 05:19

Default not workin :)

i saw that one ...
"You might see some warning messages, which is normal when the form is opened the first time as some of the files and the database are created on the fly." DB is not creating on the fly especialy if u try to make any changes on the code
can u explain somethin about the code .... for example inserts and updates
________
Suzuki Rgv250
________
AMATEUR TUBE
________
MARY JANE

Last edited by DUCKFACE; 12th May 2011 at 03:06.
Old 12th January 2010, 19:26

Default Mailing List?

Hello,

Is there a mailing list for ISPConfig 3 Development? I've searched but I couldn't find anything, although several pages at ispconfig.org refer to a list.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 12th January 2010, 19:31
Super Moderator

Please use this forum for development related questions. The ispconfig development is coordinated here, there is no mailinglist.
Old 28th July 2011, 09:52

Default Please tell what to read

I'm trying to make a module for a simple integration ispconfig3-drupal. it is very simple, it just need to exec some mkdir and ln -s, I've looked at the documentation

http://docs.ispconfig.org/development/interface/

by the way there is a typo in the line
Code:
$module'name']      = 'help';
missing [

but didn't worked with a fresh installation of ISPConfig 3.0.3.3 in ubuntu 11.04

after that, I've looked in the current "help" module, and try to duplicate it, but didn't worked either because of a missing table. That's kind of strange because in the above documentation they say the required tables will be created on the fly. is then necessary to run (and code) an installation procedure?

so, I've looked for some example of a simple additional module but founded only big modules, like the Billing module.

I've also purchased the user manual but, of course, is not for development.

I've thought also in hacking the apache2_plugin but I would prefer not to

can someone please point me the right direction?

Thanks
Old 28th July 2011, 11:35
Super Moderator

Thanks for the hint with the typo!

The database tables get generated automatically when you call the edit file the first time. I'am sure that this works in ISPConfig 3.0.3.3 as I used it yesterday when coding the VM module. You hould get a error message if its not possible to create the table. Which exact messages do you get when you call the edit file in the browser?

How do you want to integrate drupal and ispconfig? Shall ispconfig websites be created from drupal or shall drupal be installed automatically in a website from within ispconfig?
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
boclodoa (28th July 2011)
Old 28th July 2011, 18:33

Talking

Thank you for the quick response

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
The database tables get generated automatically when you call the edit file the first time. I'am sure that this works in ISPConfig 3.0.3.3 as I used it yesterday when coding the VM module. You hould get a error message if its not possible to create the table. Which exact messages do you get when you call the edit file in the browser?
the message I get is:
Code:
Table 'dbispconfig.support_act' doesn't exist
what I did to get this response is:
-- duplicate /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/help to /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/drupispc
-- change all the appearances of the word "help" with the word "drupispc", and the word "message" with the word "act" (even in the file names).
-- try to use the "send" form

Quote:
How do you want to integrate drupal and ispconfig? Shall ispconfig websites be created from drupal or shall drupal be installed automatically in a website from within ispconfig?
I have a drupal installation in /var/www/drupal

What I imagine for this module, roughly speaking, is a button (create drupal) next to a websites listbox (in this case example.com chosen), on click:
# mkdir /var/www/example.com/drupalsite
# mkdir /var/www/example.com/drupalsite/files
# mkdir /var/www/example.com/drupalsite/themes
# mkdir /var/www/example.com/drupalsite/modules
# cp -a /var/www/sites/default/default.settings.php /var/www/example.com/drupalsite/settings.php
# ln -s /var/www/example.com/drupalsite /var/www/sites/example.com
# chown ...
# chmod ...

to get this scheme to work you have to add /var/www/drupal to the PHP open_basedir, and use
Code:

DocumentRoot /var/www/drupal
php_admin_flag safe_mode Off
in apache directives. (using the options of the example.com website within ispconfig)

I think this way does not affect the file permission structure of ispconfig 3 (almost), and allow the client to manage his/her relevant drupal files.

Last edited by boclodoa; 28th July 2011 at 19:30.
Old 28th July 2011, 19:18
Super Moderator

Quote:
what I did to get this response is:
-- duplicate /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/help to /usr/local/ispconfig/interface/web/drupispc
-- change all the appearances of the word "help" with the word "drupispc", and the word "message" with the word "act" (even in the fine names).
-- try to use the "send" form
The reason for your problem is that you duplicated the whole module instead of creating just the form and ..._edit.php files. The database table gets created together with the templates file in the "template" subfolder. If the temnplate is already there, then no database table geats created. Rebname or remove the template file for the edit form from the templates folder and open the edit file again in the webbrowser.

Quote:
What I imagine for this module, roughly speaking, is a button (create drupal) next to a websites listbox (in this case example.com chosen), on click:
# mkdir /var/www/example.com/drupalsite
# mkdir /var/www/example.com/drupalsite/files
# mkdir /var/www/example.com/drupalsite/themes
# mkdir /var/www/example.com/drupalsite/modules
# cp -a /var/www/sites/default/default.settings.php /var/www/example.com/drupalsite/settings.php
# ln -s /var/www/example.com/drupalsite /var/www/sites/example.com
# chown ...
# chmod ...
Interface modules dont have access to the website directories, so they can do these steps. What you will have to do is to create a server plugin beside the interface module for that, as only server plugins have the nescessary permissions to create folders inside a website.

So the steps are:

1) Create a interface module to show your forms and lists in the ispconfig interface.
2) Create a "module" file in the server part that adds events to the server side event system when a item is inserted or updated in your new database table. See server/mods-available folder for examples.
3) Create a server side plugin that listens to these events and does the actions required to install drupal. See server/plugins-available directory for examples.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
boclodoa (28th July 2011)