#1  
Old 12th August 2005, 13:50
DenisV DenisV is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default named

Hello.
I have a problem with configuration of a DNS server. How much I understand by default a server is adjusted as caching name server. I enter the new domain mydomain.com and check with nslookup utility and have this answer: [root@hosting ~]# nslookup www.mydomain.com 127.0.0.1
Server: 127.0.0.1
Address: 127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
www.mydomain.com canonical name = xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx canonical name = xxxxxxxxxxx
Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

domain.com is already registred domain, but at this moment served by other server.
Host www exist in my new configuration on ISPconfig server.

Thanks and sorry for my english.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 12th August 2005, 13:54
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 34,573
Thanks: 792
Thanked 4,980 Times in 3,901 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisV
Hello.
I have a problem with configuration of a DNS server. How much I understand by default a server is adjusted as caching name server. I enter the new domain mydomain.com and check with nslookup utility and have this answer: [root@hosting ~]# nslookup www.mydomain.com 127.0.0.1
Server: 127.0.0.1
Address: 127.0.0.1#53

Non-authoritative answer:
www.mydomain.com canonical name = xxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx canonical name = xxxxxxxxxxx
Name: xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Address: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

domain.com is already registred domain, but at this moment served by other server.
Host www exist in my new configuration on ISPconfig server.

Thanks and sorry for my english.
Have you checked the settings for your domain in the ISPConfig DNS-Manager?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 12th August 2005, 13:57
DenisV DenisV is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Have you checked the settings for your domain in the ISPConfig DNS-Manager?
where can i find config file for named? Maybe can you post your config?
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 12th August 2005, 14:03
DenisV DenisV is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisV
where can i find config file for named? Maybe can you post your config?
Sorry. Look like normal settings. domain name ok, options ok nameservers are server_with_ISPconf.server.address. All of the records correct. www host exist, mail host exist, MX record exist ....
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 12th August 2005, 14:05
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 34,573
Thanks: 792
Thanked 4,980 Times in 3,901 Posts
Default

Does the record for your domain show up in ISPConfig DNS Manager or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisV
where can i find config file for named?
That depends on your linux ditro. execute this command to find it.

Code:
locate named.conf
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 12th August 2005, 14:13
DenisV DenisV is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Does the record for your domain show up in ISPConfig DNS Manager or not?



That depends on your linux ditro. execute this command to find it.

Code:
locate named.conf
Show up.
I have Fedora Core 4 with bind in chroot jail.
/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf look like default config for fresh install of bind-chroot
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 12th August 2005, 14:21
DenisV DenisV is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisV
Show up.
I have Fedora Core 4 with bind in chroot jail.
/var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf look like default config for fresh install of bind-chroot

Maybe i have trouble with a settings in ISPConfig for dns server.
path to named.conf set to /etc/named.conf but the real path /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf
and zone files dir /etc/bind but this folder does not exist on my server.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 12th August 2005, 16:00
DenisV DenisV is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenisV
Maybe i have trouble with a settings in ISPConfig for dns server.
path to named.conf set to /etc/named.conf but the real path /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf
and zone files dir /etc/bind but this folder does not exist on my server.
Anybody have any ideas?
Thanks
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 12th August 2005, 16:15
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,711
Thanks: 1,899
Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts
Default

/etc/named.conf is a symlink to /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf in FC4:

Code:
[root@server1 etc]# ls -l /etc/named.conf
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 32 Mar 18  2005 /etc/named.conf -> /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf
In your ISPconfig, under Management -> Server -> Settings -> DNS, you should have:
named.conf: /etc/named.conf
Zonefiles Dir.: /var/named/chroot/var/named
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 12th August 2005, 16:31
DenisV DenisV is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 7
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
/etc/named.conf is a symlink to /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf in FC4:

Code:
[root@server1 etc]# ls -l /etc/named.conf
lrwxrwxrwx  1 root root 32 Mar 18  2005 /etc/named.conf -> /var/named/chroot/etc/named.conf
In your ISPconfig, under Management -> Server -> Settings -> DNS, you should have:
named.conf: /etc/named.conf
Zonefiles Dir.: /var/named/chroot/var/named
Thank You very much.
work !!!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:50.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.