Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 5th May 2008, 18:48

Default Export mailboxes (webmail) from server A to server B

Hi, I am new with ISPConfig.

I am trying to move from server A to server B. The thread "Moving ISPConfig" (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2717) helps me but I finaly decided to make a new instalation of ISPConfig and recreate each web (I suspect my ispconfig database to be corrupted in some way on old server).

The idea I have is to create manually (using ISPConfig panel) each mail account (each user).

My question is: how shall I get mail directories and address book for each user and move them to the new server? (If it can be made including password it would be better but not absolutly needed).

I read in "Moving ISPConfig" thread: "mailboxes are included in www.tar.gz." (this means it is included in the /home/www directory in my case, /var/www directory).

I tried to create users on the new server with the same name than in old one, and I replaced the directory /var/www/webxx/user/username/ with the same directory from old server.... it does not work.

Then I replaced the directory /home/adminispconfig/ispconfig/temp/username_localhost on new server with the same directory from old server... It works for the "sent" mailbox, not for "inbox" neither "trash" neither "address book" neither access password.

Please forgive my unknowledge.

Any help would be apreaciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 6th May 2008, 09:58
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,500 Times in 4,329 Posts

Please make sure that you use the same pop3 and imap daemon on both servers, e.g. courier or dovecot. Then copy the "Maildir" folders which are in the user directories from the old server to the new server. make sure that the folders and files are owned by the email user and not root after you copied them. Afterwards, copy the content of the folder /home/adminispconfig/ispconfig/temp/ to the new server.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
gauthier (6th May 2008)
Old 6th May 2008, 12:04

Default Great !

Great ! It works.

The problem was the owner of file and folders.

I ran:

chown -R user:group maildir

And mail boxes are here !

Thank you very much.