Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 20th May 2008, 22:15

Default BUG: mail account creation

Upon creation of an email account no .Sent folder is created.Well it is not exactly a bug but this folder should be created automatically, it is common to all imap client.
Another 2 folders are .Draft and .Junk which are largely common
It would be great to have a way to configure which folder should be created upon email account creation.

Last edited by Bobonov; 20th May 2008 at 23:41.
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd June 2008, 16:10

Quote:
Originally Posted by till View Post
Does anyone know another good and stable DNS server with mysql backend? Which is at best even available as package for the major linux distributions?
Well, there's BIND: http://mysql-bind.sourceforge.net/

Unfortunately it looks like one has to patch and recompile to use this. Perhaps there's a repo for it somewhere? Still, I'd much rather use BIND than anything else for DNS. Maybe I'm not being fair...it's just what I've used, and what I see deployed all over the place. But more than that, I would be really worried about having a production server with a core service whose software is unmaintained. Sure, there are no known problems *now* but what happens when somebody finds a way to root it in 6 months? Who's going to fix it?

Your other software choices seem great. I'm very encouraged by the features and Ajax and such...this version looks like a big step up. When do you expect it to go stable? I'm currently testing 2.x, since I intend to put a production server up by the end of the month and it meets my needs (single server, system users aren't that big a deal, etc.) but of course I'd rather use this if it's ready.

Anyway, thanks for this great software!
Old 2nd June 2008, 18:40
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,248 Times in 4,113 Posts

Quote:
Sure, there are no known problems *now* but what happens when somebody finds a way to root it in 6 months?
The development of MyDNS continues with a new group of developers, just the name has been changed to mydns-ng.

I'am aware of the bind mysql patches, but patching and recompiling bind is also not a ideal solution in my opinion. I prefer to write a plugin for ISPConfig 3 later that writes the config files for a "classic" bind instead.
Old 2nd June 2008, 18:57

Quote:
I'am aware of the bind mysql patches, but patching and recompiling bind is also not a ideal solution in my opinion. I prefer to write a plugin for ISPConfig 3 later that writes the config files for a "classic" bind instead.
Yeah, it's too bad there's not some sort of loadable module for that sdb. You're probably right that using the flat files is the best option. Anyway, once my fancy production hardware arrives and I get the 2.x installation out of testing, I'll start playing with 3, it looks really nice. I should note however that 2.x RULES! I've been playing with it only for a couple days, but I'm just floored by how easy it makes everything. So I'm not sure whether I'll really ever need to make the jump to 3 unless/until you stop supporting 2. Anyway, thanks a ton, this is a great program.
Old 3rd June 2008, 01:23

Actually I installed and tested with ispconfig the current stable release of mydns-ng and it work out of the box.
Old 3rd June 2008, 12:22

I am still having a problem but am out most of this week. I hope we can continue this conversation toward the end of the week when I am back at my desk.

-Adam
Old 5th June 2008, 07:46

Smile Timeline

Hi everyone,

My first post in HowtoForge! I've been looking eagerly at ISPConfig for a few months now - and just recently I came across version three. I was all set to instal v.2, until I read that it wouldn't be that easy to upgrade to three... I am very grateful to the developers - I've seen far less capable systems being sold for for more than I could afford. I know its a difficult question to answer, but does anyone have a timeline for the release of a stable version of ISPConfig 3?

Many thanks,
Max
Old 5th June 2008, 11:46
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,248 Times in 4,113 Posts

I expect a first stable version of ISPConfig 3 to be released at end of june.
Old 5th June 2008, 16:33

Send a message via ICQ to torusturtle Send a message via AIM to torusturtle

Quote:
Does anyone know another good and stable DNS server with mysql backend? Which is at best even available as package for the major linux distributions?
What about djbdns (tinydns)?
VegaDNS for example uses a MySQL backend. It should be possible to use the same approach for ISPconfig.
Old 5th June 2008, 19:12

BUG on last svn revision 333

I was playing with the autoresponder and I saw that there was a problem in creating the directory.
Tracking back I found out that $data was empty.
The error is in server/classes/modules.inc.php at the line 87 which is
$data = unserialize(stripslashes($rec["data"]));
The stripslashes cause a failure in the unserialize, just took it out and it worked again (previous svn I had was working).
But I found this because I was trying to trace back another autoresponder problem and found out about the above one after the update.

The original problem was that even if the directory and the related file are created no autoresponder mail is sent.
Fortunately I found out the cause also of this problem:
basically upon the creation of the dir and the files under mailfilter directory the wrong usergroup and rights are set.
Instead of vmail:vmail is vmail:root and this seem to cause maildrop the impossibility to access the directory.
For sure it create the 2 following files as follow
-rw------- 1 vmail vmail 0 2008-06-05 18:50 .vacation.lock
-rw-rw---- 1 vmail vmail 50 2008-06-05 18:50 .vacation.lst
The directory are created with permission 400 this also can cause problems.
I setted vmail:vmail and it seem that I needed to set permission at 700 in order to have it working. Maybe as permission is sufficient 600 but I didn't test it.
I looked at the code in the file server/plugins-available/maildrop_plugin.inc.php
The chown user has only the user instead of user:group and the user is also hard coded instead taking it from the configuration.
The permissions are set at 400, I think that the minimum should be 600 since maildrop write in the directory.

Last minor bug (I promise that at least for today is the last) about the autoresponder.
From the web interface if I try to save the settings directly from the autoresponder tab by clicking on the save button I get the following java alert: "Ajax Request was not successful. 1" (number 1 included)
But if I save from either form Mailbox or Mailfilter tab I have no error and it save (autoresponder setting included)