Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 27th January 2006, 15:37

Default I made a bad choice during install, how do i change it?

during my ispconfig on fedora core 4, i chose yes to both of these, and provided a passphrase where it says not to in the instructions (quoted below). The instructions say not to do this because it wont allow ispconfig to be restarted without human interaction, so how bad is this, and how would i go about reversing this choice? would i have to uninstall and reinstall the whole ispconfig? if so, is there even a way to uninstall it?

Quote:
In step 7 ("Encrypting RSA private key of CA with a pass phrase for security [ca.key]")and step 8 ("Encrypting RSA private key of SERVER with a pass phrase for security [server.key]") of the certificate creation process you are asked if you want to encrypt the respective key now. Choose n there because otherwise you will always be asked for a password whenever you want to restart the ISPConfig system which means it cannot be restarted without human interaction!
Sponsored Links
Old 27th January 2006, 15:46

oh great, i got to the part where it asks for the ip, hostname and domain, and i entered 10.10.1.12 , www , and fedora.core and when i entered fedora.core as the domain the installation said it couldnt reach the URL and exited.

I'm running the install again, but what can i put as the domain if this is just a test box running inside my corporate network and i dont care about it haiving a valid host and domain name?
Old 27th January 2006, 16:55

OK, nevermind this whole post. I figured out how to resinstall, and this time i chose no to those 2 questions.

I also figured out that the host and domain just have to match what the box was set up as.

i had set the box up as dev.fedora.core and was putting www.fedora.core in the ispconfig setup, duh.