Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 31st August 2006, 21:25

Default Qmail maildir to Postfix Maildir?

I'm having some trouble figuring out how to take the Maildir backups from my old Qmail install and put them into the appropriate Maildir directories in the new Postfix install.

You'd think it was as easy as copying but apparently that's not so.. I copy one or more emails from my old Maildir to my new Maildir and Squirrelmail shows it as "Unknown Sender" and "Unknown Subject" and when I click the email to view it, I get a php parse error.

Is there some sort of conversion needed? I thought using Maildir would allow me to just copy to the new directory.
Sponsored Links
Old 31st August 2006, 21:48

I'll fix my own problem again

I forgot to chown the file to the user.. I feel like an idiot. I copied one over, chowned the file to my user and it showed up just fine.