Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 30th August 2006, 10:19

Send a message via MSN to Hendrikus Postma Send a message via Yahoo to Hendrikus Postma
Default Mail-distribution based on To: CC: BCC:

I use an ISP and catch all mail into the default@mydomain.com, I'm not 24 hours on-line so I download/send the emails every hour using a dial-up connection.

On my NT server I just installed one application IAmailserver who distribute all incomming mail to de local emailaddresses based on the information in the TO: CC: and BCC: header.

Now I'm using as intranet server openSuSE as server with ISPConfig on top.... but still the NT server for the email because I can't found out how to create similar distribution.

I'm running Fetchmail, Courier-Imap, Postfix, procmail...... it confuses me... witch application can distribute the mail I receive from default@mydomain.com automaticly to the email accounts I create in ISPConfig. When their is no match just to the postmaster.....

Hendrikus
Sponsored Links
Old 31st August 2006, 22:54
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,722 Times in 2,563 Posts

You can fetch the mails from your ISP with fetchmail. I'm not sure how to split up the mails from the catchAll account - I think there once was a thread about this in this forum but I can't find it now...

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 1st September 2006, 10:08

Send a message via MSN to Hendrikus Postma Send a message via Yahoo to Hendrikus Postma

Hi Falko, thanks for your reply.... maybe you mentioned my treat one year ago, I had a look to fetchmail, it doesn't solf the maildistribution or I have to edit all email forwards manual.

It's strange that one simple windows application can handle all mail fuctionality http://www.cdsis.nl/iafeatures.html compare to the bunch of applications we need in Linux......

Do you have any experiance with exim or xmail ? do you think this applications can solve my problem?

I use ISPConfig very succesfull in a intranet/extranet sollutions... I don't like the windows system beside it only doing the mailhandeling...
Old 1st September 2006, 10:24
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,222 Times in 4,092 Posts

I think you can do this with fetchmail + exim, exim is really flexible to configure.