Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 26th January 2006, 20:18
Thunderbirdsei Thunderbirdsei is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Unhappy Inst. stops, MySQL passw not accepted

Hi!

I have a problem during the installation. It does not accept my password. But I can logon with the same user and the same password into the mysql admin...what's wrong?

Code:
Alle Voraussetzungen erfuellt.
Here we go...
Wie heisst der MySQL-Server?mysql
Wie heisst der MySQL-User?root
Wie heisst das MySQL-Passwort?
ERROR 1045 (00000): Access denied for user: 'root@217-162-xxxx.dclient.hispeed.ch' (Using password: YES)
ERROR: Ihr MySQL-Passwort ist falsch! Die Installation bricht hier ab!

[root@xxx install_ispconfig]# mysql -u root -p
Enter password:
Welcome to the MySQL monitor.  Commands end with ; or \g.
Your MySQL connection id is 5 to server version: 4.1.16
Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the buffer.
mysql> quit
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 26th January 2006, 20:21
str2etboy str2etboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hungary
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to str2etboy
Default

i would try localhost to the name of the server
__________________
Dniel Varga-Hli [17]
Hungary
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 26th January 2006, 20:36
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,796
Thanks: 840
Thanked 5,612 Times in 4,423 Posts
Default

Yes, str2etboy is right, it must be:

Wie heisst der MySQL-Server?localhost

please remove the directorys /home/admispconfig and /root/ispconfig before you run the installer again.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 26th January 2006, 20:57
str2etboy str2etboy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Hungary
Posts: 15
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to str2etboy
Default

I can solve other's problem, but i cannot deal with my own... ^_^
__________________
Dniel Varga-Hli [17]
Hungary
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 26th January 2006, 21:53
Thunderbirdsei Thunderbirdsei is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by str2etboy
I can solve other's problem, but i cannot deal with my own... ^_^
I'm sorry about your problem.....but thank you very much for solving my problem!

Ok, I'm now a step further...but I'm getting another failure after choosing the SSL-Login mode or is it just a warning?

Code:
Connected successfully to MySQL server
ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'db_ispconfig'
Neustart einiger Dienste...
Shutting down postfix:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting postfix:                                          [  OK  ]
Shutting down proftpd:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting proftpd:                                          [  OK  ]
Starting ISPConfig system...
/root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd started

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result reso urce in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.inc.php on line 47
No results found!ISPConfig system is now up and running!
Herzlichen Glueckwunsch! Ihr ISPConfig-System ist jetzt installiert. Falls Sie Q uota nachinstalliert haben, fuehren Sie noch die in der Installationsanleitung b eschriebenen Schritte durch. Ansonsten ist Ihr System jetzt ohne Reboot einsatzb ereit.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 26th January 2006, 21:56
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,796
Thanks: 840
Thanked 5,612 Times in 4,423 Posts
Default

Have you removed the directories /root/ispconfig, /home/admispconfig, install_ispconfig and the mySQL database before you run the setup script again?
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 26th January 2006, 22:01
Thunderbirdsei Thunderbirdsei is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbirdsei
I'm sorry about your problem.....but thank you very much for solving my problem!

Ok, I'm now a step further...but I'm getting another failure after choosing the SSL-Login mode or is it just a warning?

Code:
Connected successfully to MySQL server
ERROR 1049 (42000): Unknown database 'db_ispconfig'
Neustart einiger Dienste...
Shutting down postfix:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting postfix:                                          [  OK  ]
Shutting down proftpd:                                     [  OK  ]
Starting proftpd:                                          [  OK  ]
Starting ISPConfig system...
/root/ispconfig/httpd/bin/apachectl startssl: httpd started

Warning: mysql_fetch_array(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result reso urce in /root/ispconfig/scripts/lib/config.inc.php on line 47
No results found!ISPConfig system is now up and running!
Herzlichen Glueckwunsch! Ihr ISPConfig-System ist jetzt installiert. Falls Sie Q uota nachinstalliert haben, fuehren Sie noch die in der Installationsanleitung b eschriebenen Schritte durch. Ansonsten ist Ihr System jetzt ohne Reboot einsatzb ereit.
Beside this problem, I can now see the login screen...but with the user name "admin" and the password "admin" I can't login..."Fehler 101: User oder Passwort falsch"...
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 26th January 2006, 22:05
Thunderbirdsei Thunderbirdsei is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 54
Thanks: 0
Thanked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Have you removed the directories /root/ispconfig, /home/admispconfig, install_ispconfig and the mySQL database before you run the setup script again?
yes, I did...with "rm -fr /root/ispconfig" and "rm -f /home/admispconfig" and the "install_ispconfig" directory manually...I didn't found a mySQL database...hmmm

btw: Thanks for the amazing answer speed!!!
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 26th January 2006, 22:06
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,796
Thanks: 840
Thanked 5,612 Times in 4,423 Posts
Default

Ok, thats the problem i sposted above. this happens if you run the setup twice when you have not deleted the directories (as described in the installation manual).

run:

rm -rf /root/ispconfig
rm -rf /home/admispconfig

Delete the directory that is named like your ISPConfig database in /var/lib/mysql/
Then unpack the installer tar.gz package again and run the setup script. it shall the run trhouh without problems.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 26th January 2006, 22:08
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,796
Thanks: 840
Thanked 5,612 Times in 4,423 Posts
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderbirdsei
yes, I did...with "rm -fr /root/ispconfig" and "rm -f /home/admispconfig" and the "install_ispconfig" directory manually...I didn't found a mySQL database...hmmm

btw: Thanks for the amazing answer speed!!!
Thats strange, because the error you posted above occurs when the setup script is trying to update a broken install, that has no database.
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MySQL installation roblem [/me sad] Nejko Installation/Configuration 16 11th January 2006 14:28
Mandriva 10.2 Perfect Setup Install Problems... ctroyp Installation/Configuration 12 30th December 2005 17:04
Failed at MySQL lhatle Installation/Configuration 4 29th November 2005 02:26
Problem installing ISPConfig, then with MySQL... ctroyp Installation/Configuration 7 26th September 2005 17:37
MySQL issue during install of ISPConfig ricbax Installation/Configuration 4 16th September 2005 10:41


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 23:22.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.