Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 15th March 2006, 22:50

Default email@www.domain.com ??

Hmmmm not sure what did go wrong here, and I'm 100% sure that it was not like this before I did the update from 2.1.2 > 2.2.0!

When I go to any of the domains that are shown in sites, and than select the User & Email option and a user that the email address shows up as name@www.domain.com (see images)
The same problem is there when I create a new user.. it will show ....@www.domainname.com !

All the domains are setup like this:

I have also the same problem when I setup a new domain (like the image above).

When I create a new user for the just created domain it will always showup as @www.domainname.com.

Anyone here who knows how to fix this?

Last edited by edge; 15th March 2006 at 23:34.
Sponsored Links
Old 15th March 2006, 23:06
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,579 Posts

This has changed in 2.2.0. It now shows the email addresses with the main domain of the web site - nevertheless all other domains do still work.

We are working on something that it shows all domains in one of the next versions.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 15th March 2006, 23:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
This has changed in 2.2.0. It now shows the email addresses with the main domain of the web site - nevertheless all other domains do still work.

We are working on something that it shows all domains in one of the next versions.
Okay.. I guess it's only a cosmetic thing than (it does look strange.. support@www.domainname.com )

I forgot to say than the email (send/receive) does still work with the normal name@domainname.com address :-)
Old 20th March 2006, 01:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by falko

falko, or till,

I've done a new clean install on a test server here, and the problem as above is not on it! It's only on the updated version of ISPconfig (production server).

I know that it's not really a problem, but my customers keep calling me about this, and asking me what their real email address is!

When I look at the /etc/postfix/virtusertable it does show both email addresses:
Code:
name@www.domaine.com
name@domain.com
name@www.domaine2.com
name@domain2.com
name@www.domaine3.com
name@domain3.com
Is there some fix I can do to make it the same as the clean installed version of ISPconfig (without the www after the @)
Old 20th March 2006, 09:12
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,650 Times in 4,460 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge
Is there some fix I can do to make it the same as the clean installed version of ISPconfig (without the www after the @)
You can try this, its untested, so make a backup of the file before you modify it!

Edit the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/plugins/isp_username.plugin.php

replace line 97:

Code:
$out_email = '<input type="text" name="plugin[email]" size="10" maxlength="32" class="text" value="'.$user["user_email"].'">@'.$web["web_host"].".".$web["web_domain"];
with this:

Code:
$out_email = '<input type="text" name="plugin[email]" size="10" maxlength="32" class="text" value="'.$user["user_email"].'">@'.$web["web_domain"];
Old 20th March 2006, 11:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
You can try this, its untested, so make a backup of the file before you modify it!

Edit the file /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/lib/plugins/isp_username.plugin.php

replace line 97:

Code:
$out_email = '<input type="text" name="plugin[email]" size="10" maxlength="32" class="text" value="'.$user["user_email"].'">@'.$web["web_host"].".".$web["web_domain"];
with this:

Code:
$out_email = '<input type="text" name="plugin[email]" size="10" maxlength="32" class="text" value="'.$user["user_email"].'">@'.$web["web_domain"];
Jep... that did the trick..

Thank you till!
Old 29th March 2006, 13:19

Cool user@www...

Hi.

This is my first post here since all my earlier problems was solved by searching "threads".
Here we go...

Everyting works fine eccept for one of my sites getting the user@www.domain.se-syndrom when I create an account.
This occured after I realized that I wanted one of my customers to reach the site from his customer-site. I didn´t have the problem earlier.
Since I couldn´t find a way to transfer the site I had I decided to delete the site and re-create it.

I deleted the site, then I created it under my customer. I realized that my trashcan wasn´t empty so i "cleaned it".
But still I got the user@www.
Is it safe to change line 75 in the php-file as described earlier? If I do this and hit problems later on I know I won´t remember I did this change.

Also I have problem with recieving e-mails from my other sites. The server is a 2GHz AMD, with Mandriva2006 and ISPConfig 2.2.0.
I guess this comes from not have configured my outlook2003 correct!? Emailclient connects to the server but the server "times out".

Thanks for a GREAT forum and great work by projectfarm.

/Newbie
Old 29th March 2006, 14:22
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miisca
Hi.

This is my first post here since all my earlier problems was solved by searching "threads".
Here we go...

Everyting works fine eccept for one of my sites getting the user@www.domain.se-syndrom when I create an account.
This occured after I realized that I wanted one of my customers to reach the site from his customer-site. I didn´t have the problem earlier.
Since I couldn´t find a way to transfer the site I had I decided to delete the site and re-create it.

I deleted the site, then I created it under my customer. I realized that my trashcan wasn´t empty so i "cleaned it".
But still I got the user@www.
Is it safe to change line 75 in the php-file as described earlier? If I do this and hit problems later on I know I won´t remember I did this change.
Does the website as ha co-domain (domain.se) with empty host field? If not, create it.

You can change the .php file, but its only an "optical" display issue, the email addreses work fine.
Old 3rd April 2006, 00:48

What if you don't want mail for www.domain.com only domain.com as alot of spam usually all that comes in on addresses with a host name as well.
Old 3rd April 2006, 08:42
Super Moderator

You will have to change the ISPConfig code. ISPConfig creates always email addresses for the domain of the websites and its co-domains.