ISPconfig Dovecot problem
I've installed ISPconfig on my Fedora Core 8 servers and really happy with the performance. One of my servers has been up and running for 2 months now, but I started facing a problem regarding Dovecot. Every morning when I get to my office, I see that the POP3 service is offline. If I try to restart the service by /etc/rc.d/init.d/dovecot restart I get a failure notice saying that the /etc/dovecot.conf is incorrect. In the same message I also receive another notification "dovecot is already running on PID XXXX". I basically reboot the system, and everything works like a charm.
1. I could not find where the log files for dovecot are. Any pointers would be highly appreciated.
2. What do you think the problem could be?
3. Why did this happened over time? All I do is use yum to do full updates every now and then? Is this wrong?
4. How do I restart ISPConfig while the system is running?
5. How do I update ISPconfig services? Should I keep on using yum to update all installed appllications?
Thank you all,