Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 13th March 2008, 17:36

Default Manipulating DNS records directly via SQL

I've got a fairly large task ahead of me. I've got almost 300 domains running under ISPConfig. Each of them has an A record. I need to change each of those A records to a CNAME.

I have no problem identifying the A records that need to be turned into CNAMEs via SQL. I also have no problem figuring out the values to plug into the dns_cname table, which records in dns_a and dns_dep need to be removed, and the changes needed in dns_nodes. I am at a loss, though, when it comes to figuring out what needs to be added to dns_dep. Specifically, the values needed in parent_tree_id and child_tree_id. I believe they refer to entries in isp_nodes, but I'm a little unclear on what isp_nodes is doing.

Could anyone point me documentation that shows what isp_nodes is used for? Or do I need to dig through all that PHP to figure it out?
Sponsored Links