Old 8th June 2006, 20:54

Unhappy Cannot Login to RoundCube

I installed RoundCube through the Update feature and it seemed to install fine. I created some email accounts and went to tools and clicked on the RoundCube button however I cannot login. In fact it just sits there spinning and eventually times out. It does this on both IE & FireFox and neither give me any errors... they just sit there and spin. I'm running a fresh install of Debian following the tutorials on this site. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Old 9th June 2006, 10:03
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,375 Times in 4,222 Posts

Any error messages in the mail.log?

Did you try the username and the email address for login?
Old 14th June 2006, 08:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by firthusa
I installed RoundCube through the Update feature and it seemed to install fine. I created some email accounts and went to tools and clicked on the RoundCube button however I cannot login. In fact it just sits there spinning and eventually times out. It does this on both IE & FireFox and neither give me any errors... they just sit there and spin. I'm running a fresh install of Debian following the tutorials on this site. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
You can solve this by sending a first email to the account, so the folder INBOX will be created.

Then you might have problems with Trash folder...

I solved the trash problem (standalone roundcube, not with ISPC) whith this patch.

http://trac.roundcube.net/trac.cgi/ticket/1471594
Old 8th July 2006, 14:39

I had 2 problems after my install;

1) could not move files to trash - the code fix link posted by BOTUM above fixed that.

2) was putting a www. infront of the domain when sending emails. You could change this in preferences but when you logged back in it reverted back. This is fixed if you login as the real userid - ie: web1_username instead of using the email address to login with. Well, seems to work ok for me anyway.

Last edited by jockstrap; 8th July 2006 at 14:48.
Old 11th July 2006, 13:00

Default Temporary FIX for www. problem

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap
I had 2 problems after my install;

1) could not move files to trash - the code fix link posted by BOTUM above fixed that.

2) was putting a www. infront of the domain when sending emails. You could change this in preferences but when you logged back in it reverted back. This is fixed if you login as the real userid - ie: web1_username instead of using the email address to login with. Well, seems to work ok for me anyway.
I have gone thru all the problems you were getting, with no automatic folders creation, and the biggest, which was non acceptable for my users, the www which was keep coming in contact info.

I will describe here my workarround, so at least you should not spend the same time which I did on it.

The problem comes from Round Cube, which is looking into the mail server alias file (my case postfix). There, ISPConfig has set up the first alias prefixed with www, as your default host name was configured.
Now, everytime when you will log in without www user@domain.com, RoundCube will assume that you are a new user, and will open a new account in it's database (all the user settings are automatically saved in RoundCube database). If you will try loggin in with user@www.domain.com, you will see that the settings for contact will be saved and next time you will log in , you will have the same thing. Moreover, everytime you will log in with different aliases, you will get different settings saved for each of them .
After I digged through ISPConfig forum, I found out that the problem with aliases will be there till some next release, where you will be able to select your aliases type (with or without hostname). Then, our problems will be completed sort out.
Till then, what you can do, and what I did, was, creating a separate aliases file, only for rouncube, where you will put the usernames, exactly in the way you need them.
Ex of entry in roundcube_alias
user@domain.com web1_user
After you will have the file, you should change the value of $rcmail_config['virtuser_file'] in /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/roundcubemail/config/main.inc.php.
The only problem which you will still have, it will be adding one new alias for each user newly created on your system. The advantage is that you can have users with pop3/imap and users with webmail access .
If I was not clear enough, I am available for questions.

Cheers,
Dan
Old 11th July 2006, 15:11

Can anyone tell me if (and how) the problem with RoundCube (installed from the pkg) not saving preferences is fixed?
Old 12th July 2006, 13:15
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Did you have a look here? http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...be+preferences

I've never installed Roundcube because it's still in alpha or beta stage...

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 12th July 2006, 14:18

I have and it's not real easy to understand (for me anyway ) So as much as I'd like to be able to use RoundCube, I guess that UebiMiau is my webmail client of choice for now.

Having said that, does anyone have a more recent version of UebiMiau in pkg format? My understanding is that UM now also supports IMAP which I'm really looking for.

I've seen the thread on UM updates but no follow up (as in Ď have done it and you can get the package here") ....

Last edited by wr19026; 12th July 2006 at 14:28.
Old 13th July 2006, 07:03

Quote:
Originally Posted by wr19026
Can anyone tell me if (and how) the problem with RoundCube (installed from the pkg) not saving preferences is fixed?
Hi - as my post above says...

Preferences for me ARE being saved if users login with their system user name and NOT their email address..

In ispconfig - I opted to remove the webx_ userid prefix. so each user gets a username like joesmith...

If they log into roundcube with "joesmith" and NOT "joesmith@domain" then everything is fine with saving preferences.

I have not setup many users yet, so try it and see if it works ok for you...

The only problem I seeming to have now is that AUTORESPONDER is not working properly. It chooes to work one or twice then stop ???? seems it may be sending the response to admispconfig@localhost but not sure why yet!
Old 13th July 2006, 11:48
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,375 Times in 4,222 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jockstrap
The only problem I seeming to have now is that AUTORESPONDER is not working properly. It chooes to work one or twice then stop ????
I guess you tested the autoresponder several times from your account? The aotoresponder stores the email addresses where it sends the message so every account will get the message only one time to avaoid message loops.

Quote:
seems it may be sending the response to admispconfig@localhost but not sure why yet!
That is not the autoresponder message, the messages to admispconfig are for statistic generation, dont try to redirect these messages to another account!