Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 1st September 2008, 14:18

Default CENTOS 5.2 and ISPConfig 2.2.25 BIG problem

Greetings to all,

i have recently updated my ispconfig from ISPConfig 2.2.24 to ISPConfig 2.2.25 on my CENTOS 5.2 (updated from 5) . Everything was fine till a server restart. Apparently the whole ispconfig folder under root was miraculously deleted ! I can not start my httpd and i get this error :

unable to start piped log program '/root/ispconfig/cronolog --symlink=/var/log/httpd/ispconfig_access_log /var/log/httpd/ispconfig_access_log_%Y_%m_%d': Permission denied
Unable to open logs

I am glad that this happened on the test server (although running important things) but why did it do that ???

Regards,

Leonidas
Sponsored Links
Old 1st September 2008, 17:43
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,339 Times in 4,188 Posts

1) Any errors during the update?

Please post the output of:

ls -la /root/ispconfig/
Old 1st September 2008, 18:24

Thanks for the reply.

I did not receive any errors during the update. The problem is that the folder /root/ispconfig/ was completely removed without me doing anything. Really weird. I don't understand how could this happen.

I reinstalled version ISPConfig 2.2.25 and everything seems ok now. Fortunately it did not overwrite my previous database and configuration files.

I am wondering about an attack to my system ( but would it be logical to remove ispconfig ?) What is the best tool to tracert unauthorized access ?

Regards,

Leonidas
Old 1st September 2008, 18:30
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,339 Times in 4,188 Posts

Quote:
I did not receive any errors during the update. The problem is that the folder /root/ispconfig/ was completely removed without me doing anything. Really weird. I don't understand how could this happen.
This happens if the update did not finish due to a problem when the binaries are compiled.

Quote:
I reinstalled version ISPConfig 2.2.25 and everything seems ok now. Fortunately it did not overwrite my previous database and configuration files.
Instead of reinstalling, you should have run:

mkdir /root/ispconfig

before you run the installer again, as it might be that you database is not up to date yet. If you encounter any problems in the ispconfig interface, e.g. a missing checkbox for the databases, you will have to run the update again.

Quote:
I am wondering about an attack to my system ( but would it be logical to remove ispconfig ?) What is the best tool to tracert unauthorized access ?
No, this was caused due to a failure during update like running out of space or a interruption like closing the ssh connection while the script runs.
Old 1st September 2008, 18:59

that's good to hear. Although the previous update was completed fine. I think that at the end it started ispconfig again.

In anycase i will run the update again as you suggested.

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Best Regards,

Leonidas