Old 20th February 2008, 12:49

Default Redirect Postfix Spam

Hello,

I am new to this forum and even though my english is quite rusty (was it ever good ?), I hope you can understand my problem and help me with it.

We have a CentOS linux server with Postfix, Amavis, Spamassassin and ClamAV up and running. Everything works perfect.
To get control over all the incoming spam, I have to redirect all the spam, that is addressed to a specific address to a new one.
Spam gets identified by Amavis over Spamassassin and the subject of an identified spam mail changes to ***spam*** + the old subject, and is transported to the target address. But there ist one E-Mail adress, let's say info@domain.org, where we do not want to have any spam at all. But just to be sure, that Spamassassin worked correct, we do not want the spam to be deleted, but to be sent to another mail adress (let's say info_spam@domain.org), where we collect all those mails.
I do know, how to redirect all mails, but I have no idea how to just redirect the spam.

I searched the internet for this problem, but with no real result. Also using the search function in this forum brought no success

Now I hope, someone out there has an idea, what I have to do, to get the function explained above working

Regards,
Timm
Sponsored Links
Old 21st February 2008, 17:16
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

I think you can set a spam email address in the amavisd configuration.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 3rd March 2008, 11:43

Hello,

if I configure this spam e-mail adress, doesn't this mean, that all received spam will be redirected there.
In our setup, spam shall pass through to the actual receiver. It shall only be marked as spam (this is already configured and works fine). But the spam, that is send to one specific adresse (info@domain.org), shall be redirected.

----------EDIT--------------
I can use header checks on the subject of the spam mail, because amavis did change the subject (as mentioned above), so I am able to redirect all spam to the spam mail adresse. But I have no idea, how I can filter mails by subject AND by receiver.

Thanks
TimmBo

Last edited by TimmBo; 3rd March 2008 at 12:16.
Old 4th March 2008, 18:58
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,741 Times in 2,575 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmBo
I can use header checks on the subject of the spam mail, because amavis did change the subject (as mentioned above), so I am able to redirect all spam to the spam mail adresse. But I have no idea, how I can filter mails by subject AND by receiver.
http://www.seaglass.com/postfix/faq.html#ubecdchk

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 4th March 2008, 19:55

Hi,

thx for your reply! I was afraid it wouldn't be so easy...
Old 5th March 2008, 07:18

with spamassassin you can specify what to do with mail marked as spam, options of forward, deliver..so you can set forward to spamaccount@domain as already created
Old 5th March 2008, 17:08

Hello,

I will try this solution in the next few days. Thanks for the very help!

Bye
TimmBo