Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 19th January 2006, 16:10
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,501 Times in 4,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdinator
Thanks a lot. But I still have the very last question
In this thread you were allways talking that i need to make a new web for the joomla. I have made allready a web for my department and there is allready webcalendar and some oter reviewing software there. Some of it needs php safe mode, some not.
That is the reason why it is better to have a website for each CMS and not put many CMS in one website. You can set e.g. PHP Safemode only once per website.

Quote:
Shall I open for every new CMS or what so ever a new web?
Yes, if the CMS need different PHP settings.

Quote:
I made my department as a customer and it seems that a customer can have only one web with the same hostname (I do understand it right do I? hostname is in this case the name of the server?)
Sorry again if it is one of these nerving newbie questions...
The Host + Domain combination is always unique. But you can create several websites like: cms1.yourdomain.com, cms2.yourdomain.com etc.
Sponsored Links
Old 19th January 2006, 19:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
That is the reason why it is better to have a website for each CMS and not put many CMS in one website. You can set e.g. PHP Safemode only once per website.
Well I understand that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by till
The Host + Domain combination is always unique. But you can create several websites like: cms1.yourdomain.com, cms2.yourdomain.com etc.
I am in a department of the university. I have one registered hostname and one registered domainname. I respect to this I don't understand your answer. Could you please tell me a bit more.
Old 19th January 2006, 19:34
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,501 Times in 4,330 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bogdinator
I am in a department of the university. I have one registered hostname and one registered domainname. I respect to this I don't understand your answer. Could you please tell me a bit more.
If you can get only one hostname from your university you cant run more then one site in ISPConfig.