Old 10th January 2008, 11:47

Default help with configuration

yesterday i've started with ispconfig. I've made an client and made an domain for that client. i gave him all all services but could not FTP with an FTPclient. So i have some questions.

1 I want to create a user on an client. but want that the user can login with XXX@XXX.com and not web1_XXX@XXX.com.

2 what will the direct ip url be when i create the domain www.XXX.com. i've tried some url's but nothing worked.

3 is there a manual about these things.

4 i want to create a user that can have a folder but not an domain

thanks for any help!
Sponsored Links
Old 10th January 2008, 12:23

Send a message via Skype™ to Leszek

Quote:
yesterday i've started with ispconfig. I've made an client and made an domain for that client. i gave him all all services but could not FTP with an FTPclient. So i have some questions.
Only the administrator of a site can have ftp access so You have to create it (create an email account and mark as administrator of the site in the panel).

Quote:
1 I want to create a user on an client. but want that the user can login with XXX@XXX.com and not web1_XXX@XXX.com.
As far as I can remember this way works for me without changing anything.

Quote:
2 what will the direct ip url be when i create the domain www.XXX.com. i've tried some url's but nothing worked.
There will not be any IP. You have to wait for the dns to propagate and use the domain.User accounts can have access like that using mod_userdir.
Then they would have an address like http:// IP/~user_name or http://IP/users/user_name.The same applies to domain names.

Quote:
4 i want to create a user that can have a folder but not an domain
If You mean shell access You could do it without using ISPConfig but it's dangerous in certain situations.
Old 14th January 2008, 22:21

Hi, i've created a user with administartor account. Now i want to access with FTP client and the sserver says access denied invalid user or passw.

I'm accessing the server on my network and not to an outside adress! Don't know if that is the problem?
Old 15th January 2008, 09:16
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,651 Times in 4,461 Posts

And you used the username that is listed on email & user tab of the website as administartor? Dont mix the administrator up with the ISPConfig client login. Additionally, a FTP username does not contain a @ sign, so make sure that you use the username as it is shown in the settings of the user and not his email address.
Old 15th January 2008, 20:25

i used the user i made in user and mail and this is the person that is Administrator marked!
Old 16th January 2008, 09:43
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,651 Times in 4,461 Posts

Which errors do you get in the syslog, xferlog or auth.log when you try to login by FTP. Did you configure your server as described in the perfect setup guide for your linux distribution?