Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 14th January 2008, 22:41

Default 64-bit version of SuSE 10.3 Perfect Server Setup

Hi all,

I have an IBM x226 at home that I will install OpenSuSE 10.3 on soon. It's a 64-bit system, so I figured why not install the 64-bit version of 10.3. I plan on using this to assist me as I have not done this in several years.

It says that the 64-bit version should work with minimal adjustments, however my question is just what can I expect? Sorry if that's general, but I'm just curious to see if I might run into any severe wackiness!

Thanks!

Chris

PS... Samba. I haven't installed this in a very long time, and the current iteration (being replaced by this installation) will hopefully be more complex/useful. I would like to install Samba so that it acts as a PDC. Does anyone know of a good tutorial specific to setting up Samba on OpenSuSE 10.3 (command line install and use) as a PDC that Windows clients have to log in to?
Sponsored Links
Old 15th January 2008, 18:43
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,743 Times in 2,577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldBuilder
Hi all,

I have an IBM x226 at home that I will install OpenSuSE 10.3 on soon. It's a 64-bit system, so I figured why not install the 64-bit version of 10.3. I plan on using this to assist me as I have not done this in several years.

It says that the 64-bit version should work with minimal adjustments, however my question is just what can I expect?
Chances are that the tutorial will work without any adjustments. But I haven't tried it on x86_64 yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorldBuilder
Does anyone know of a good tutorial specific to setting up Samba on OpenSuSE 10.3 (command line install and use) as a PDC that Windows clients have to log in to?
Unfortunately not.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
The Following User Says Thank You to falko For This Useful Post:
WorldBuilder (15th January 2008)