Old 13th January 2008, 14:33

Default Question About LVM HowTo

I've easily configured my volume with 3 SATA disks without using the RAID configuration (the disk are in different sizes), so i've to thank you for the guide, but now i've a question.

What happen if i do an installation from scratch of the distro that i've on the machine with the volume (ubuntu server it's installed on another 40gb ide disk)?

The volume will be still visible on /dev/volumename ? the kernel will find it automatically ? i've to recreate the device ? I've to backup some conf files ?

And what about unplugging the disks and using them in another mainboard with the same SATA order ?

Thank you in advance and excuse me for my poor english.
Sponsored Links

Bookmarks