Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 16th July 2008, 16:00

Default Template (?) question - removing unused links

I've seen questions imilar to this asked before, but I haven't seen this exact question addressed.

Very few of our users make use of the Web-FTP capability built in to ISPConfig. And, frankly, we don't want them to. Our support dept has gone to a great deal of effort to train our users on using standard FTP clients, and teaching the support folks to also support Web-FTP would be an expensive proposition.

What do I need to do to remove the "Web-FTP" link from the top of the page? Will "update sys_modules set module_enabled=0 where module_title = 'Web-FTP'" accomplish that?

Also, we have a ticketing/escalation system in place that we've using for a long time. We don't want users to enter tickets using ISPConfig's ticket system. I don't necessarily want to remove access to the entire "Help" menu - the knowledge base and manuals could be of use to the users. I'd just like to remove the menu access to Support Tickets.

Would this require a code change, or can I do it via a template change or database change? I haven't found anything obvious in the database, and the Form Editor tool is a little - unintuitive.
Sponsored Links
Old 17th July 2008, 15:40
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,744 Times in 2,577 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdude View Post
What do I need to do to remove the "Web-FTP" link from the top of the page? Will "update sys_modules set module_enabled=0 where module_title = 'Web-FTP'" accomplish that?
You must remove "isp_file" from the modules column in the sys_user table.

Quote:
Originally Posted by catdude View Post
Also, we have a ticketing/escalation system in place that we've using for a long time. We don't want users to enter tickets using ISPConfig's ticket system. I don't necessarily want to remove access to the entire "Help" menu - the knowledge base and manuals could be of use to the users. I'd just like to remove the menu access to Support Tickets.

Would this require a code change, or can I do it via a template change or database change? I haven't found anything obvious in the database, and the Form Editor tool is a little - unintuitive.
I think you have to modify /home/admispconfig/ispconfig/web/help/inhalt_tree.php.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: