Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 4th August 2005, 20:42
cjkeeme cjkeeme is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Webmail with uebimiau.

I have installed uebimiau and have it working at mydomain.com:81/webmail.

I have setup account with email addresses using the ISPconfig Web-Manager (ISP Site->Username and email). Is this what I have to do to setup email accounts that will be accessible with uebimiau?

I can not figure out how to login to uebimiau. I have tried every combination possible. (web1_%user, web1_%user@mydomain.com, %user, etc)

What am I doing wrong?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 4th August 2005, 21:37
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,740 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkeeme
I have installed uebimiau and have it working at mydomain.com:81/webmail.

I have setup account with email addresses using the ISPconfig Web-Manager (ISP Site->Username and email). Is this what I have to do to setup email accounts that will be accessible with uebimiau?

I can not figure out how to login to uebimiau. I have tried every combination possible. (web1_%user, web1_%user@mydomain.com, %user, etc)

What am I doing wrong?
It' the user's email address.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 4th August 2005, 21:38
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,763
Thanks: 821
Thanked 5,331 Times in 4,183 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkeeme
I have installed uebimiau and have it working at mydomain.com:81/webmail.

I have setup account with email addresses using the ISPconfig Web-Manager (ISP Site->Username and email). Is this what I have to do to setup email accounts that will be accessible with uebimiau?

I can not figure out how to login to uebimiau. I have tried every combination possible. (web1_%user, web1_%user@mydomain.com, %user, etc)

What am I doing wrong?
Does normal pop3 mail retrieval work in your mailclient?

The login for uebimiau is:

emailaddress@yourdomain.com or alternatively webX_user@yourdomain.com
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 4th August 2005, 21:48
cjkeeme cjkeeme is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default No go.

Even through my email client it says login failure. The accounts are setup and the passwords correct and I'm still at a loss of why it's not working.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 4th August 2005, 21:50
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,763
Thanks: 821
Thanked 5,331 Times in 4,183 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkeeme
Even through my email client it says login failure. The accounts are setup and the passwords correct and I'm still at a loss of why it's not working.
Are the users in /etc/password?
Did you get Errors in your maillog? (on DEBIAN: /var/log/mail.log)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 4th August 2005, 21:59
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,740 Times in 2,575 Posts
Default

My guess is that the maibox hasn't been created yet, and therefore you can't log in. Send an email to the user in question, and then the mailbox will be created, and then you can login.
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 4th August 2005, 22:08
cjkeeme cjkeeme is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

This is the entry from /etc/password/ :

web1_allred:x:10002:10001ustin Allred:/home/www/web1:/bin/bash
web1_cjkeeme:x:10004:10001:Jeff Keeme:/home/www/web1/user/web1_cjkeeme:/bin/bash

And this is some errors from /var/log/mail/ :

Aug 4 12:47:54 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:HIDDEN]
Aug 4 12:47:59 egress pop3d: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[::ffffHIDDEN]
Aug 4 12:47:59 egress pop3d: LOGOUT, ip=[::ffff:HIDDEN]
Aug 4 12:50:43 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 12:50:48 egress pop3d: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 12:51:04 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 12:51:09 egress pop3d: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 13:02:26 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 13:03:00 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 13:04:09 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 13:04:18 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 13:05:45 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]

Also tried to send mail to the users and the mail seems to have gone through as I have not received a delivery failure error, but I am still unable to login.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 4th August 2005, 22:13
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 35,763
Thanks: 821
Thanked 5,331 Times in 4,183 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjkeeme
This is the entry from /etc/password/ :

web1_allred:x:10002:10001ustin Allred:/home/www/web1:/bin/bash
web1_cjkeeme:x:10004:10001:Jeff Keeme:/home/www/web1/user/web1_cjkeeme:/bin/bash

And this is some errors from /var/log/mail/ :

Aug 4 12:47:54 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:HIDDEN]
Aug 4 12:47:59 egress pop3d: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[::ffffHIDDEN]
Aug 4 12:47:59 egress pop3d: LOGOUT, ip=[::ffff:HIDDEN]
Aug 4 12:50:43 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 12:50:48 egress pop3d: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 12:51:04 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 12:51:09 egress pop3d: LOGIN FAILED, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 13:02:26 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 13:03:00 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 13:04:09 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 13:04:18 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]
Aug 4 13:05:45 egress pop3d: Connection, ip=[::ffff:127.0.0.1]

Also tried to send mail to the users and the mail seems to have gone through as I have not received a delivery failure error, but I am still unable to login.

Have you set in the the correct value (mailbox or maildir) in the controlpanel
under administration > Server Settings > Mail ?
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 4th August 2005, 22:21
cjkeeme cjkeeme is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 8
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Default I bow down.

You are great. Great Great Great.

Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 01:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.