Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 30th December 2007, 03:04

Default Does ISPConfig work with co.nr domains?

Hi,

I just installed ISPConfig after following Falco's tutorial on setting up Ubuntu 7.04 as the 'perfect server'.

Before today, I was running Ubuntu 7.04 with the LAMP stack, but I reinstalled Ubuntu due to a misconfiguration issue. When I was running that way, I had all of my hosted sites (two belonging to me, one for a friend) using free co.nr domains (www.freedomain.co.nr). They work like this:

I have a name registered on www.dyndns.org, which is shadowserve.ath.cx, I use it to access my server. Now, however, with ISPConfig, typing in http://shadowserve.ath.cx tells me it's a shared ip. Normally I can access my hosted files like this, for example: http://shadowserve.ath.cx/mysite/ and www.mysite.co.nr both should point to the same site.

To configure my co.nr domain, I open my co.nr control panel (on the co.nr site), and set the domain to point to http://shadowserve.ath.cx/mysite/. This doesn't work anymore, and I suspect this is because co.nr (free) domains are not supported by ISPConfig.

Is there a way to use the co.nr domains? Since ISPConfig seems to only allow connections to a site via its domain, rather than the server's, I'm not sure. I prefer using a control panel for my users but I'd like to have similar functionality, if not the same, as I used to.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Old 30th December 2007, 13:04

Send a message via Skype™ to Hans

If you are able to manage DNS-records within the DNS-manager of your domainregistar, it should be able to point the A-record to the IP-address of your server. You must point to the public IP-address of your server when it is behind a router. With ISPConfig you can manage any domain name you want.

BB-Hosting | Quality Web Hosting since 2005
Old 30th December 2007, 16:05
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,240 Times in 4,108 Posts

Quote:
This doesn't work anymore, and I suspect this is because co.nr (free) domains are not supported by ISPConfig.
ISPConfig supports all domain names that can be used in the internet.