Old 26th December 2005, 00:57

Default Shared IP error Page

Installation of ISPConfig worked well and I am trying to install my first website. DNS is pointing to my server, but when I use the URL it comes up with This IP address is shared. For access to the web site which you look for, enter its address instead of its IP.

I am not sure what I have done wrong. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I have tried changing the IP settings around, with no change. I am also not completely sure what IP should be in some of the fields(local IP or Public IP since I am behind a router sharing an IP).
Sponsored Links
Old 26th December 2005, 14:15
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadracer
Installation of ISPConfig worked well and I am trying to install my first website. DNS is pointing to my server, but when I use the URL it comes up with This IP address is shared. For access to the web site which you look for, enter its address instead of its IP.
If you created a web site www.example.com, you have to use www.example.com in the browser's address bar to see that web site. If you use the IP address or any other FQDN pointing to the same IP address you see the Shared-IP page.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadracer
I have tried changing the IP settings around, with no change. I am also not completely sure what IP should be in some of the fields(local IP or Public IP since I am behind a router sharing an IP).
Use the local IP addresses (the ones you see when you run
Code:
ifconfig
on the system).

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 26th December 2005, 15:15

Thumbs up

Thanks for the help. All this time and it was one small error on my part. I forgot to add .org in the domain field of the DNS Manager.

I am such a dork. hehe.