Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 24th March 2007, 18:49

Default Question on RoundCube and Server Name?

Two quick questions:
1. Is it possible to change the default identites with RoundCube, which are currently in the format of 'Display Name = web1_user' and 'E-mail Address = name@www.domain.tld'? Something like 'Display Name = ISPConfig Real Name' and 'E-mail = ISPConfig E-mail' would look far better I think.

2. What is the purpose of the 'Server Name' option in the ISPConfig 'Management' section? The only place that this is referred to is in 'DNS Management'. How does one get a second server in there? Speaking of second servers. How can I set up my secondary bind9/DNS server with ISPConfig to sync/replicate changes across?

Regards,

Lewis
Sponsored Links
Old 25th March 2007, 15:33
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,702 Times in 2,545 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis_saint
2. What is the purpose of the 'Server Name' option in the ISPConfig 'Management' section? The only place that this is referred to is in 'DNS Management'. How does one get a second server in there?
Right now this field has no purpose. It was built in so that one day ISPConfig can support multiple servers (which is not the case right now).

However, support for multiple servers will be available in ISPConfig 3.

Quote:
Speaking of second servers. How can I set up my secondary bind9/DNS server with ISPConfig to sync/replicate changes across?
Take a look here: http://www.howtoforge.com/ispconfig_dns_godaddy

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 25th March 2007, 15:41

Thank you for your reply. I am very happy with the current ISPConfig, but out of sheer curiosity, is there a timeline or roadmap for the next stable update? Will it be available in a .pkg format, to easily upgrade the existing installation?

I am not interested in having ISPConfig on my secondary DNS server, as it is a lower-spec box which just runs bind9. At the moment, I edit /etc/bind/named.conf.local with a slave zone entry for each additional domain. Is this my only option? In an ideal world, there would be a config setting on the secondary bind9 server specifying 'accept_all_updates_from primary.dns.ip.address' or something similar.

No idea on the RoundCube issue?

Regards,

Lewis
Old 25th March 2007, 19:11
Super Moderator

Thanked 4,980 Times in 3,901 Posts

Quote:
Thank you for your reply. I am very happy with the current ISPConfig, but out of sheer curiosity, is there a timeline or roadmap for the next stable update?
Updates of the stable branch are released every 4-6 weeks. There is no exact timline because we dont know when for example the clamav team will release a new update.

Quote:
Will it be available in a .pkg format, to easily upgrade the existing installation?
No, beacuse the .pkg installer is not able to update components that run with root priveliges.

The update is really easy, download the latest version and run the setup script, the installer detects a existing installation automatically and updates it.

Quote:
I am not interested in having ISPConfig on my secondary DNS server, as it is a lower-spec box which just runs bind9. At the moment, I edit /etc/bind/named.conf.local with a slave zone entry for each additional domain. Is this my only option? In an ideal world, there would be a config setting on the secondary bind9 server specifying 'accept_all_updates_from primary.dns.ip.address' or something similar.
There is no such function in BIND.
Old 25th March 2007, 19:46

Thank you for your response.

Is it possible to change the default identities of RoundCube to match the user setup of ISPConfig?

Regards,

Lewis
Old 9th December 2007, 07:23

I'm curious if there was ever a solution to the RoundCube Display name? Is there any way to get the users "real" name in there or even the email address displayed again? It's just better than "web3_user" or "mydomain_user"

Thanks
Old 9th December 2007, 10:47

Send a message via Skype™ to Hans
Default About RoundCube

Quote:
Is it possible to change the default identites with RoundCube, which are currently in the format of 'Display Name = web1_user' and 'E-mail Address = name@www.domain.tld'? Something like 'Display Name = ISPConfig Real Name' and 'E-mail = ISPConfig E-mail' would look far better I think.Lewis
The @www.domain.tld problem has been solved already, because i patched the file /program/include/main.inc by changing the line 782 within /program/include/main.inc file from:

782 $line = trim($line);
to:
782 $line = trim(str_replace("www.", "", $line));

To login with usernames AND email addresses i changed the line:

// Path to a virtuser table file to resolve user names and e-mail addresses
$rcmail_config['virtuser_file'] = '';
into:
// Path to a virtuser table file to resolve user names and e-mail addresses
$rcmail_config['virtuser_file'] = '/etc/postfix/virtusertable';

On the moment it is not possible to login with the real user names as defined within ISPConfig and i think it is not necessary.

BB-Hosting | Quality Web Hosting since 2005
Old 9th December 2007, 16:54

Thanks Hans,

I used the pkg install so both patches are in there already, however I don't want to login with a real name, I want to change the "Display Name" in the "Identities" tab under "Personal" Settings.

Each use can go change it manually, but the default is like "web1_username" for every new user. I would like to change the default to the users Real name if possible, or even just to be the users email address, as the username looks strange when a email is sent.

Basically when a new user sends an email it says this on the "from" address when the email arrives :

"Web1_username (me@mydomain.com)"

When it should say :

"First name Last name (me@mydomain.com)"

or even

"me@mydomain.com (me@mydomain.com)"

Just looks better.

I'll have a look at the roundcube code, maybe there's something that can be done there, thanks.