Originally Posted by kassie
Thanks that worked great.
Now the next question. How can I see:
1) When a user downloaded mail
2) If there was any mail downloaded
3) What mail was downloaded.
1) You can see when user's downloaded mail by looking for entries like:
Nov 28 06:25:23 gx courierpop3login: LOGIN, firstname.lastname@example.org, ip=[::ffff:188.8.131.52]
followed by a line like:
Nov 28 06:25:24 gx courierpop3login: LOGOUT, email@example.com, ip=[::ffff:184.108.40.206], top=0, retr=4091, time=1
2) There's really no way that I'm aware of to tell if any messages were downloaded, or which ones were downloaded. I suppose you could look at the time difference between the LOGIN and LOGOUT, and assume that if the connect period was only a second then the user probably didn't download 10 MB of messages, but even that vague assumption would be unprovable.