Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > General

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 25th November 2007, 20:19

Question Migration: Sites from one to the other server (ISP Config 2.2.6 to 2.2.18)

Hi All,

At the moment I busy planning a Migration from my old server to a new one. Both server a running ISP config on Debian.

My old server runs Debian 3.1 and ISP config version 2.2.6. I never had the guts to update this version to the current one due to some bad experience's.

Since the hardware is at the end of its live cycle I installed a new server (a Strate V-server) with Debian and running ISP config 2.2.18 op top of it.

On my original server I have running around 12 websites from different resellers and clients. My goal is to migrate these websites with the minimum amount of downtime and the maximum of data. I hope to keep my User statistics data!

- For transfering the website data I plan to use scp.
- For transfering user-database data I plan to make a sql dump and import these on the new server.

Open questions:
- Is there a way to transfer reseller/client/sites data
- Is there a way to transfer sites-statistics

I know there is the options to make a backup from the ISPConfig Database but I am very uncertain how to import this backup into the new installation.

Is there anyone who has some experiance doing such a migration?

Any help would be apriciated!, if some info is failing I am happy to extend it.

Greetings,
Eric Balk
Sponsored Links
Old 26th November 2007, 08:28
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,265 Times in 4,129 Posts

First, you will have to update your old server to ISPConfig 2.2.18 as migrating the database between different ISPConfig versions will cause problems.

For the other steps of the migration, have a look at this thread:

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...move+ispconfig