Old 25th November 2007, 02:29

Default Mplayer & Real Player

Fedora 8

Why when I have real player 10 installed do all the real player media come up in Mplayer?? I looked in the Mplayer settings and turned off support for real player files but a real player media file still opens in Mplayer. Also when viewing real player embedded content in firefox, its still uses Mplayer. I also downloaded a real player file, then right clicked on it and chose both open with real player and always do this for these file types, still Mplayer is hogging all the real media content!!
Sponsored Links
Old 25th November 2007, 13:01

Hi,

there's no need to install the real player - with the codecs, that you installed in the howto, mplayer is able to play real media content. Or is there a special reason for you to use the real player?

Olli
Old 25th November 2007, 19:17

There are several websites I go to the use real player imbedded audio and video, mplayer does not work on all of them...some, but not all. For example I subscribe the NFL field pass which enables me to listed to the live radio broadcasts of my favorite team in either real or wmv format. Mplayer will not work for either of those when I try to listen to them. I'm even having trouble getting real player to work on that site too. I think it has something to do with they way its set up at the host site but I'll keep working on it.
Old 25th November 2007, 22:29

I'll try to find out how to automatically play real media content with the real player if both players are installed - give me a few days, I'm pressed for time just now.

Best regards,

Olli
Old 25th November 2007, 22:32

That would be awesome, thanks much.