Old 13th November 2007, 05:33

Default Newbie email problem

Hi folks.

I set up the ISPConfig server several months ago. It is hosting perfectly
However tonight I tried to get the email accounts working and have run into problems.

I am able to send mail to the server. It gets received (as it doesn't bounce back, and I can see it being received in mail.log).

I am unable to log in to pick up mail though!

I established an account test@domain.com with the username test and a password. I also installed the webmail app.

When I log on to check email it wasn't working. I had previously removed the Webx_xxx format on ftp/email users, so I then ran through the steps on the thread about allowing user@domain.com logins to email (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7881) correcting the pw2userdb2 error.

When I attempt to run the script I get /email_conv.sh: line 24: /usr/sbin/pw2userdb: Permission denied

Needless to say I cannot seem to log in to check email as I get a username / password login error.

Can anyone point me in the right direction for getting it sorted? I am running version 2.2.12 on an Ubuntu box.

Thanks,
Rob
Sponsored Links
Old 13th November 2007, 05:44

Default Maybe fixed....

OK, so I created a new user - test2@domain.com

Using the webmail I can log in and send / receive at will. Good news!

I can also log in from other clients too. Happy days.

Now to go about securing the server.....about to see what info I can find on that.

Rob