Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 3 > Developers' Forum

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 10th November 2007, 18:31
satommy satommy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

ok, I will check into the logrotate scripts, and make sure that we keep al the values standard, and just the permissions different. I will make the files nessecary , and then you can implement it into the script if you want, cause I don;t understand any of the installer ;-)
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #12  
Old 10th November 2007, 18:46
satommy satommy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

OK,

This is how I think it could work:

We create two new files in /etc/logrotate.d/ :

-mail
-messages

These files:

------------------------------------------------------------------
mail:

/var/log/mail.log {
rotate 30
daily
compress
delaycompress
create 644 root adm
}

messages:

/var/log/messages {
rotate 30
daily
compress
delaycompress
create 644 root adm
}

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok, the rotate setting means how many files he has to keep, 30 files, en daily rotated, so he will keep up for a month.

Further on I took the clamav logrotate files and edit the rights.:

---------------------------------------------------------

clamav-daemon:

/var/log/clamav/clamav.log {
rotate 12
weekly
compress
delaycompress
create 644 clamav adm
postrotate
/etc/init.d/clamav-daemon reload-log > /dev/null
endscript
}

clamav-freshclam:

/var/log/clamav/freshclam.log {
rotate 12
weekly
compress
delaycompress
create 644 clamav adm
postrotate
/etc/init.d/clamav-freshclam reload-log > /dev/null
endscript
}

-----------------------------------------------------

We could just let these files be replaced by the installer.

For chmodding the first log files, so before the logrotate run the first time:

chmod 644 /var/log/mail.log
chmod 644 /var/log/messages
chmod 644 /var/log/clamav/*.log


After these additions I can succesfully read all the log files in the webconfig :-)
Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to satommy For This Useful Post:
bpssoft (10th November 2007), till (11th November 2007)
  #13  
Old 11th November 2007, 00:34
pedro_morgan pedro_morgan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 22
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default documentation and isntall log

I dont know if this is possible but what I would like is a "text-screen" dump of the whole "install" process so I can take "text snippets" and stick it in the documentation.
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 11th November 2007, 15:23
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 36,388
Thanks: 833
Thanked 5,486 Times in 4,318 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro_morgan
I dont know if this is possible but what I would like is a "text-screen" dump of the whole "install" process so I can take "text snippets" and stick it in the documentation.
This should be no problem. I will try to make some when I do the next full install.Or maybe someone else may provide them when he does a instalation?
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
pedro_morgan (12th November 2007)
  #15  
Old 11th November 2007, 16:08
bpssoft bpssoft is offline
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 11
Thanks: 2
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
This should be no problem. I will try to make some when I do the next full install.Or maybe someone else may provide them when he does a instalation?
For a clean installation?
Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to bpssoft For This Useful Post:
pedro_morgan (12th November 2007)
  #16  
Old 11th November 2007, 23:36
satommy satommy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satommy
OK,

This is how I think it could work:

We create two new files in /etc/logrotate.d/ :

-mail
-messages

These files:

------------------------------------------------------------------
mail:

/var/log/mail.log {
rotate 30
daily
compress
delaycompress
create 644 root adm
}

messages:

/var/log/messages {
rotate 30
daily
compress
delaycompress
create 644 root adm
}

-----------------------------------------------------------

Ok, the rotate setting means how many files he has to keep, 30 files, en daily rotated, so he will keep up for a month.

Further on I took the clamav logrotate files and edit the rights.:

---------------------------------------------------------

clamav-daemon:

/var/log/clamav/clamav.log {
rotate 12
weekly
compress
delaycompress
create 644 clamav adm
postrotate
/etc/init.d/clamav-daemon reload-log > /dev/null
endscript
}

clamav-freshclam:

/var/log/clamav/freshclam.log {
rotate 12
weekly
compress
delaycompress
create 644 clamav adm
postrotate
/etc/init.d/clamav-freshclam reload-log > /dev/null
endscript
}

-----------------------------------------------------

We could just let these files be replaced by the installer.

For chmodding the first log files, so before the logrotate run the first time:

chmod 644 /var/log/mail.log
chmod 644 /var/log/messages
chmod 644 /var/log/clamav/*.log


After these additions I can succesfully read all the log files in the webconfig :-)
In addition to this:

the mail logrotate file needs to be different.

----------------------------------------------------

/etc/logrotate.d/mail :

/var/log/mail.log {
rotate 30
daily
compress
delaycompress
create 644 root adm
}

/var/log/mail.err {
rotate 30
daily
compress
delaycompress
create 644 root adm
}

/var/log/mail.info {
rotate 6
weekly
compress
delaycompress
create 644 root adm
}

/var/log/mail.warn {
rotate 6
weekly
compress
delaycompress
create 644 root adm
}
------------------------------------------------------------

We also need to disable some lines in the /etc/logrotate.conf.

We can do this with the following commands:

---------------------------------------------------------------

sed 's/mail\.\*\t/#mail\.\*\t/' /etc/syslog.conf | sed 's/mail\.info\t/#mail\.info\t/' | sed 's/mail\.warn\t/#mail\.warn\t/' | sed 's/mail\.err\t/#mail\.err\t/' > /etc/syslog.tmp

------------------------------------------------------------

mv -f /etc/syslog.tmp /etc/syslog.conf

----------------------------------------------------------

So this should do the final trick :-)

Gr. Tommy
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12th November 2007, 07:48
pedro_morgan pedro_morgan is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 22
Thanks: 2
Thanked 3 Times in 1 Post
Default

Starting a new thread re the docs/install/et all

http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17224

pedro
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 14th November 2007, 14:25
satommy satommy is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 9
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 2 Posts
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by satommy
In addition to this:

the mail logrotate file needs to be different.

----------------------------------------------------

/etc/logrotate.d/mail :

/var/log/mail.log {
rotate 30
daily
compress
delaycompress
create 644 root adm
}

/var/log/mail.err {
rotate 30
daily
compress
delaycompress
create 644 root adm
}

/var/log/mail.info {
rotate 6
weekly
compress
delaycompress
create 644 root adm
}

/var/log/mail.warn {
rotate 6
weekly
compress
delaycompress
create 644 root adm
}
------------------------------------------------------------

We also need to disable some lines in the /etc/logrotate.conf.

We can do this with the following commands:

---------------------------------------------------------------

sed 's/mail\.\*\t/#mail\.\*\t/' /etc/syslog.conf | sed 's/mail\.info\t/#mail\.info\t/' | sed 's/mail\.warn\t/#mail\.warn\t/' | sed 's/mail\.err\t/#mail\.err\t/' > /etc/syslog.tmp

------------------------------------------------------------

mv -f /etc/syslog.tmp /etc/syslog.conf

----------------------------------------------------------

So this should do the final trick :-)

Gr. Tommy
Guys,

After testing the above solutions for a couple of days it seems the log files get corrupted, so please do not include this. I am working on a working solution ;-)

Thnx
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fastcgi and php with ispconfig tosser Installation/Configuration 14 18th January 2009 13:41
ISPConfig 2.3.3-dev released till General 10 12th March 2008 21:08
ISPConfig 2.2.16 released till General 38 27th September 2007 04:05
Demoserver ISPconfig 3 alpha Diggo Smalltalk 2 11th September 2007 10:58
fastcgi and php with ispconfig tosser Tips/Tricks/Mods 3 25th June 2006 21:01


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:27.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.