Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 17th May 2007, 15:51
Ohem Ohem is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 15
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Can reach domain, but not the content!

I've added a site without a problem and can reach it my domain http://mydomain.com and http://www.mydomain.com as well geting the "Welcome to mydomain.com" page on both, but the funny thing is: if i type http://www.mydomain.com/index.php i come directly to the web content I'v uploaded a bit earlier (as well without www). I mean, shouldn't Apache/ISPConfig sense if there's content and override the page?

The web content itself runs just fine, both PHP and MySQL.

Edit:

Okay by adding following line: "Directory Index.php" i bypassed the "Welcome Screen", but doing this everytime a new site is added?

Last edited by Ohem; 17th May 2007 at 16:07.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 17th May 2007, 16:54
edge edge is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,042
Thanks: 269
Thanked 154 Times in 133 Posts
Default

When uploading a new site, remove the "created by ISPconfig Welcome to mydomain.com" index.html file.

After that your own index.php file will take it over..
__________________
Never execute code written on a Friday or a Monday.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 19th May 2007, 10:33
torusturtle torusturtle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 296
Thanks: 21
Thanked 24 Times in 16 Posts
Send a message via ICQ to torusturtle Send a message via AIM to torusturtle
Default

the setting in apache2.conf sets the order in which sites will be selected.
Code:
less /etc/apache2/apache2.conf | grep DirectoryIndex
(for Ubuntu; other distros might have another directory structure)

I prefere
Code:
DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml index.cgi index.php index.php3 index.pl index.php index.xhtml
In this case you would have to delete index.html if you want ISPConfig to load index.php or you can edit the configuration file and move index.php before index.html
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 20th May 2007, 19:56
Ohem Ohem is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 15
Thanks: 3
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge
When uploading a new site, remove the "created by ISPconfig Welcome to mydomain.com" index.html file.

After that your own index.php file will take it over..
That's the wierd thing, i deleted index.html from the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torusturtle
the setting in apache2.conf sets the order in which sites will be selected.
Code:
less /etc/apache2/apache2.conf | grep DirectoryIndex
(for Ubuntu; other distros might have another directory structure)

I prefere
Code:
DirectoryIndex index.html index.htm index.shtml index.cgi index.php index.php3 index.pl index.php index.xhtml
In this case you would have to delete index.html if you want ISPConfig to load index.php or you can edit the configuration file and move index.php before index.html
That's one solution, but i don't like improvising.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 21st May 2007, 14:02
falko falko is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 41,701
Thanks: 1,900
Thanked 2,747 Times in 2,578 Posts
 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohem
Okay by adding following line: "Directory Index.php" i bypassed the "Welcome Screen", but doing this everytime a new site is added?
You can change the DirectoyIndex directly in ISPConfig. It's on the Options tab of the web site settings in ISPConfig.

Otherwise, can you post the output of
Code:
ls -la /path/to/document_root
of that web site?
__________________
Falko
--
Download the ISPConfig 3 Manual! | Check out the ISPConfig 3 Billing Module!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Webmail problems with only one domain? compner Installation/Configuration 14 16th February 2010 17:59
ISPconfig after installation cannot reach www.xyz.de:81 Figth4Linux Installation/Configuration 23 6th March 2008 23:38
One Domain Name Not Responding Authoritatively bluethunder82 Installation/Configuration 5 9th September 2007 17:09
This is %#@*&^$# embarrassing! domino Smalltalk 34 5th February 2007 22:57
postfix config jmroth Installation/Configuration 6 18th September 2005 16:58


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 14:53.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.