As I migrate my old customers to a new server with ISPConfig these days, I found out that Centos 4.5 is stick with MySQL4 and PHP4, while I needed the new 5 version for both. So I took the great decision to upgrade my perfect setup using the centosplus repo.
So here is the yum.log of what happened during the upgrade:
Oct 22 11:42:13 Installed: perl.i386 4:5.8.8-4.el4s1
Oct 22 11:42:13 Installed: php-common.i386 5.1.6-3.el4s1.7
Oct 22 11:42:16 Installed: mysql-libs.i386 5.0.48-1.el4.centos
Oct 22 11:42:17 Installed: mysqlclient14.i386 4.1.22-1.el4s1.1
Oct 22 11:42:17 Updated: unixODBC.i386 2.2.12-1.el4s1.1
Oct 22 11:42:19 Installed: httpd.i386 2.0.59-1.el4s1.7.el4.centos
Oct 22 11:42:20 Installed: php-pdo.i386 5.1.6-3.el4s1.7
Oct 22 11:42:20 Installed: autoconf.noarch 2.59-5
Oct 22 11:42:21 Updated: postgresql-libs.i386 8.1.9-1.el4s1.1
Oct 22 11:42:25 Installed: postgresql.i386 8.1.9-1.el4s1.1
Oct 22 11:42:26 Installed: automake.noarch 1.9.2-3
Oct 22 11:42:27 Installed: php-cli.i386 5.1.6-3.el4s1.7
Oct 22 11:42:27 Updated: php.i386 5.1.6-3.el4s1.7
Oct 22 11:42:28 Updated: php-pear.noarch 1:1.4.11-1.el4s1.1
Oct 22 11:42:28 Installed: perl-Compress-Zlib.i386 1.42-1.el4
Oct 22 11:42:29 Updated: perl-libwww-perl.noarch 5.805-1.1.1
Oct 22 11:42:30 Updated: perl-DBI.i386 1.54-1.el4s1
Oct 22 11:42:30 Updated: perl-DBD-MySQL.i386 3.0008-1.el4.centos
Oct 22 11:42:32 Updated: mysql.i386 5.0.48-1.el4.centos
Oct 22 11:42:32 Installed: postgresqlclient7.i386 7.4.17-1.el4s1.1
Oct 22 11:42:36 Updated: postfix.i386 2:2.2.10-1.1.el4.centos.mysql_pgsql.plus
Oct 22 11:42:36 Updated: php-ldap.i386 5.1.6-3.el4s1.7
Oct 22 11:42:37 Updated: php-mysql.i386 5.1.6-3.el4s1.7
Oct 22 11:42:38 Updated: php-devel.i386 5.1.6-3.el4s1.7
Oct 22 11:42:40 Updated: mysql-server.i386 5.0.48-1.el4.centos
Oct 22 11:42:40 Updated: php-xmlrpc.i386 5.1.6-3.el4s1.7
Oct 22 11:42:41 Updated: php-imap.i386 5.1.6-3.el4s1.7
Oct 22 11:42:42 Updated: mysql-devel.i386 5.0.48-1.el4.centos
Oct 22 11:42:42 Updated: php-gd.i386 5.1.6-3.el4s1.7
Oct 22 11:42:53 Installed: kernel.i686 2.6.9-55.0.9.plus.c4
Oct 22 11:42:54 Updated: php-odbc.i386 5.1.6-3.el4s1.7
Oct 22 11:42:57 Erased: perl-Filter
Oct 22 11:42:59 Erased: httpd-suexec
I didn't have any major problems after the upgrade, however I have some questions and I would like your help to clarify things:
1) After the upgrade, php.ini, php.conf and httpd.conf were replaced by new versions. What was seemed to be missing from httpd.conf only, was the ISPConfig vhost entries at the end. I restarted both the httpd and ispconfig and I didn't see any change to the httpd.conf - so I added these entries at the end, taken from the old conf file. Is this normal? Should I had to wait for ISPConfig to do these changes after some time (or after an update)?
2) perl-Filter and httpd-suexec were erased automatically after the upgrade. Is this normal?
3) Now when I login in phpmyadmin, it shows this message:
Your PHP MySQL library version 4.1.22 differs from your MySQL server version 5.0.48. This may cause unpredictable behavior.
Although I can't see any 'unpredictable behaviour' till now, I want to ask if this is normal too, and if somebody knows how to fix it...
4) How can I add the centosplus repo to be included by default for every yum updates in the future (meaning without the need for the command line switch --enablerepo=centosplus).
5) [offtopic]Running crontab -l shows all the crontabs added by ISPConfig (like webalizer). In /etc/cron.daily however, I have another webalizer script, named 00webalizer, chmoded 755. Is this needed too? I don't know if it runs though... In the same dir, there is another script named 00-logwatch which runs normally...[/offtopic]
Thank you very much in advance for helping me on these issues.