Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 17th October 2007, 05:51

Default Mac OS X binding problem to Samba Domain contoller

Hello,

I followed the steps outlined in an article on this site to configure samba as a domain contoller on an Ubuntu server 6.x system

The tutuorial is great, and I was able to ad my WinXP professional system easily and as advertised.

Now, I have two Max OS X 10.4 systems that I can't bind to the domain on the ubuntu box...I get an error that the domain can't be found. I use the samba PDC to manage the ACL, so I don't have openLDAP installed. Also, I don't have a DNS behind the firewall, I point to my ISP's DNS.

FYI: I use the Directory Access GUI to attempt the binding...should I be using command line? Any ideas?

joe
Sponsored Links
Old 14th September 2009, 13:14

If i reinstall mac os x from the disc to my macbook will everything get deleted? pictures, music, files, etc. i accidently deleted ichat and i'm running on mac os x 10.5.4 and i can't find anywhere to redownload ichat to my computer but i did read that i could get it from my installation discs. PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by loretha; 19th September 2009 at 11:30.
Old 13th January 2010, 11:19

How do you type in cheat codes for SimCity 2000 on Mac OS 9? I'm running Mac OS 9 on my Intel MacBook via SheepShaver, and being a huge fan of SimCity, I decided to try the old Mac OS version of SimCity 2000. I searched around a few sites to try some cheats, but I can't find how you are supposed to type the cheats in.

Last edited by dipalina; 17th January 2010 at 06:33.