Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 31st October 2007, 21:54

Default New mails get rejected by hotmail

Hi,

When I create new emails from my hosted server. Then they wont reach hotmail. They do reach other email accounts.
I checked my spam box, also not in there.

But when I receive an email from an hotmail account and reply to that one. It does reach hotmail. Also when I forward an hotmail email to another hotmail email (from my own mail server mail) it does reach hotmail.
My spf settings and dns settings are all ok. I'm really clue less what to do to fix this issue.

My domain is heldermarketing.nl
And my email is info@heldermarketing.nl

I hope someone could help me out here.
Ow its not my own server. Its from an hosting company. So I only have access to cpanel.
greetz
Sponsored Links
Old 31st October 2007, 21:59

Ask hotmail to add your "new" domain (heldermarketing.nl) to the SenderID program
Old 31st October 2007, 22:24

I already did that. With no result.
Old 31st October 2007, 22:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by statiic
I already did that. With no result.
Did a person from Microsoft reply to you?
Also.. How long did you wait? When they add your domain to the SenderID, it will take some days (as the person who replied to your email will have told you)

It could be a DNS (+SPF +Reverse DNS), but as you are saying that this is all okay, this is not the problem.

Or.. Is your mailserver blacklisted?
Old 31st October 2007, 22:53

I did submitted an long time ago. No reply received.

I also checked blacklists etc. I'm not on there. Also not the ip im sending from.

You can check my dns and spf and reverse dns with the online dns tools. Dnsstuff.com I think.

Then you will see eveything is just fine. I also did an microsoft spf check. And they say its just fine.

greetz
Old 31st October 2007, 23:00

Whenever I submit a new domain (also .nl's) I get a reply from some rep at microsoft.com. It's not some auto generated email, but from a real person.
It reads something like this:
Quote:
Hello,

Thank you for writing to the Sender ID Management Team. My name is ..... and I am responding to your request for the enrollment to the Sender ID program. I appreciate your interest in joining this program.

We have added your domain to the Sender ID program. This may take up to 2 business days to be fully replicated in our systems. If you have any questions regarding this please let me know.

If you should make any changes to your SPF record, you do not need to notify us when you make this or any revision to your SPF record since we will automatically pull the current record from the DNS daily. Thanks again for your support in improving online trust and confidence.
So.. If you are sure all is okay with your DNS, than try submitting your domain(s) again! When done it will work!
Maybe try to use an email address that does work (not from the trouble domain)
Old 1st November 2007, 17:30

I did received that email and they said everything is ok and it could take 2 business days. I received that email on the 24th of October. Should it should work by now. But it doesnt.

Another thing.

I'm trying to check the headers of gmail to see if I pass or fail the spf test. How can I check these headers??
greetz
Old 1st November 2007, 18:58

Ok I found it:

Received-SPF: pass (google.com: domain of info@heldermarketing.nl designates 75.127.65.171 as permitted sender) client-ip=75.127.65.171;
Authentication-Results: mx.google.com; spf=pass (google.com: domain of info@heldermarketing.nl designates 75.127.65.171 as permitted sender) smtp.mail=info@heldermarketing.nl

As you can see I passed the check.