Old 23rd September 2007, 00:59

Default IP & Networking

Hi guys, hoping somebody out there can help me! I've set up a ubuntu 6.06 box and successfully gott everything running sweetly on it, my problem seems simple but I can't figure it out after 48hours of reading every advanced tutorial I can find!

I have 2 network cards, we can ignore eth0 as thats for local traffic, eth1 however is set up with 20+ip's address over a couple of subnet's, they are all configured properly and xx.xxx.xx.2 is my primary address, the rest being secondaries. Now for OUTGOING traffic what I need to do is have each request going out through a different ip address. I've read the full advanced iproute2 guides everywhere and thought the answer was "nexthop" - however no luck (since it's always eth1 - and all traffic goes through xx.xxx.xx.1 (however shows up on the remote server as xx.2). Also cache's can't come into play.. I need it set up so that:

request 1 to foo.bar goes out through xx.xxx.xx.12
request 2 to foo.bar goes out through xx.xxx.xx.38
request 3 to bar.com goes out through xx.xxx.xx.9
request 4 to foo.bar goes out through xx.xxx.xx.21
etc and so on...

does anybody anywhere have any ideas or even pointers? networking guru's please!

Many Regards in advance

Dan
Sponsored Links