Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 19th September 2007, 21:11

Default pureFTP with mysql authentication RHEL 3

Hi I am having trouble setting up pureFTPd with mysql authetication, I compiled since I am using an older version of redhat, I followed the one for CentOS 5 since thats the closest distro to RHEL 3. When I try to run it I get:

421: Configuration Error: Invalid SQL Configuration File: /etc/pureftpd-mysql.conf

here the config file for the mysql config file:

Code:
MYSQLSocket      /var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock
MYSQLServer     localhost
MYSQLPort       3306
MYSQLUser       pureftpd
MYSQLPassword   ftpdpass
MYSQLDatabase   pureftpd
#MYSQLCrypt md5, cleartext, crypt() or password() - md5 is VERY RECOMMENDABLE uppon cleartext
MYSQLCrypt      md5
MYSQLGetPW      SELECT Password FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L" AND status="1" AND (ipaccess = "*" OR ipaccess LIKE "\R")
MYSQLGetUID     SELECT Uid FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L" AND status="1" AND (ipaccess = "*" OR ipaccess LIKE "\R")
MYSQLGetGID     SELECT Gid FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L"AND status="1" AND (ipaccess = "*" OR ipaccess LIKE "\R")
MYSQLGetDir     SELECT Dir FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L"AND status="1" AND (ipaccess = "*" OR ipaccess LIKE "\R")
MySQLGetBandwidthUL SELECT ULBandwidth FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L"AND status="1" AND (ipaccess = "*" OR ipaccess LIKE "\R")
MySQLGetBandwidthDL SELECT DLBandwidth FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L"AND status="1" AND (ipaccess = "*" OR ipaccess LIKE "\R")
MySQLGetQTASZ   SELECT QuotaSize FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L"AND status="1" AND (ipaccess = "*" OR ipaccess LIKE "\R")
MySQLGetQTAFS   SELECT QuotaFiles FROM ftpd WHERE User="\L"AND status="1" AND (ipaccess = "*" OR ipaccess LIKE "\R")
am I missing something here? the port is correct, it's running on the local machine, and that is the correct path for the mysql.sock file
Sponsored Links
Old 20th September 2007, 15:34
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,721 Times in 2,562 Posts

Is there a more detailed error message in your logs, or can you switch on debugging for Pure-FTPd?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 8th June 2009, 17:29

apologies in advance for reviving what seems to be an old post, but this may be useful as reference for others...

I believe the reason this specific configuration file isn't working is due to both the mysql socket and server/port sections being uncommented. If the mysql server is running on the same machine as the pureftp server there is no need to use the server/port lines. The socket line should be enough.