Old 8th October 2005, 14:17

Default Sarge php5 freeType gd

Hi everyone,
i used to install my server the wonderful howto vom Falko for debian sarge. now i need to install php5 with freetype and gd support. php5 and gd are installed on the server but there seems to be a problem the freetype. i used to install it with apt. but it still does not work.

how to enable it:

(taken from phpinfo)
../configure' '--disable-cli' '--disable-cgi' '--with-apxs2=/usr/bin/apxs2' '--with-config-file-path=/etc/php5/apache2' '--cache-file=../config.cache' '--prefix=/usr' '--disable-rpath' '--disable-debug' '--enable-gd-native-ttf' '--enable-gd-jis-conv' '--enable-sysvsem' '--enable-sysvshm' '--enable-sysvmsg' '--enable-memory-limit' '--with-layout=GNU' '--with-exec-dir=/usr/lib/php5/libexec' '--with-libxml-dir=/usr' '--with-kerberos=/usr' '--with-expat-dir=/usr' '--without-mm' '--without-zlib' '--without-zlib-dir' '--disable-bcmath' '--disable-ctype' '--disable-dbx' '--disable-dom' '--disable-exif' '--without-gettext' '--disable-simplexml' '--disable-spl' '--disable-ftp' '--disable-posix' '--disable-session' '--disable-shmop' '--disable-sockets' '--disable-sysvmsg' '--disable-sysvsem' '--disable-sysvshm' '--disable-tokenizer' '--without-iconv' '--without-sqlite' '--with-regex=php' '--without-mime-magic' '--without-mysql' '--without-sybase-ct' '--enable-xml' '--without-gdbm' '--without-db4' '--without-cdb' '--without-inifile' '--without-flatfile' '--disable-static' '--disable-libxml' '--without-pcre-regex' '--disable-pear'

Cheers
PM
Sponsored Links
Old 8th October 2005, 15:27
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,162 Times in 4,048 Posts

What problem do you get with freetype. Did you get errors when you install it with apt or did scripts that use freetype not work correctly?
Old 8th October 2005, 16:15

Hi,
the problem was that in the php.ini the following line was comment out

extension=gd.so

Ciao
PM
Old 25th November 2005, 06:56

I'm having this same problem, but I don't see any reference at all to GD in the php.ini file.
Old 25th November 2005, 09:48
Super Moderator

Then you dont have the PHP GD extension installed. Just install the php GD package of your libux distribution to solve this.
Old 7th December 2005, 07:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Then you dont have the PHP GD extension installed. Just install the php GD package of your libux distribution to solve this.
Huh. I'm running RHEL3, and I don't see anything on the disks called php-gd...

Last edited by JakeBottero; 7th December 2005 at 07:27.
Old 7th December 2005, 09:37
Super Moderator

Try a "locate gd.so" on your server. maybe its already installed and you only have to uncomment it in php.ini