#1  
Old 28th August 2007, 23:28
Tripple2 Tripple2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 60
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default autoresponder

Hello,

It looks like the autoresponder is not working. Mail forward works fine. I've been checking some error log files but couldn't find anything.

Another strange behavior.
When I add a user, there's the autoresponder option under 'advanced settings'. After saving I can only see 'forward' and 'Email Alias'. No longer the autoresponder option. Login as mailuser, the autoresponder settings are still there, but is not working.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 29th August 2007, 09:40
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 37,015
Thanks: 840
Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts
Default

Autoresponders are only send once to a email address, so if you test it more then once, you wont get a answer for your test emails.

Quote:
When I add a user, there's the autoresponder option under 'advanced settings'. After saving I can only see 'forward' and 'Email Alias'. No longer the autoresponder option. Login as mailuser, the autoresponder settings are still there, but is not working.
Thats strange, I never seen that. Which ISPConfig version do you use?
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29th August 2007, 17:33
Tripple2 Tripple2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 60
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Autoresponders are only send once to a email address, so if you test it more then once, you wont get a answer for your test emails.

Thats strange, I never seen that. Which ISPConfig version do you use?
Autoresponder doesn't work at all.
I'm using the latest version 2.2.16. It didn't work with 14 or 15 either.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 29th August 2007, 17:46
edge edge is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,044
Thanks: 269
Thanked 154 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripple2
Autoresponder doesn't work at all.
I'm using the latest version 2.2.16. It didn't work with 14 or 15 either.
It's working fine for me, as it was in 14 and the 15 version.
__________________
Never execute code written on a Friday or a Monday.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 29th August 2007, 18:59
Tripple2 Tripple2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 60
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge
It's working fine for me, as it was in 14 and the 15 version.
When you go to:
ISP Manager - [site] - User & Email - [User] - Advanced Settings

Can you see the autorespond settings for this user?
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 29th August 2007, 19:13
edge edge is offline
Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 2,044
Thanks: 269
Thanked 154 Times in 133 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripple2
When you go to:
ISP Manager - [site] - User & Email - [User] - Advanced Settings

Can you see the autorespond settings for this user?
Yes I can (I'm loged in as admin)
__________________
Never execute code written on a Friday or a Monday.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 29th August 2007, 19:55
Tripple2 Tripple2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 60
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

When I leave the mail forward field empty, I can see the same window.
Is it not possible to autorespond when mail forward is used?

However, without mail forward I still can't receive the autorespond mail.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 29th August 2007, 21:33
Tripple2 Tripple2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 60
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Default

When a user with autoresponder active receives a mail from me, I can see my mail adres in .vacation.cache but still no autorespond in my mailbox.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 30th August 2007, 09:16
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 37,015
Thanks: 840
Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts
Default

Quote:
When I leave the mail forward field empty, I can see the same window.
Is it not possible to autorespond when mail forward is used?
Yes.

Quote:
When a user with autoresponder active receives a mail from me, I can see my mail adres in .vacation.cache but still no autorespond in my mailbox.
Plesae cjeck your mail log. Which lines get added when a autoresponder gets send?
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 30th August 2007, 18:12
Tripple2 Tripple2 is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 60
Thanks: 4
Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
 
Default

Nothing happens:
# cd /var/log/mail/
# tail -f info errors warnings

Then I send a mail to a user with autorespond active.

==> info <==
Aug 30 17:06:17 lcl postfix/smtpd[12453]: connect from europa.telenet-ops.be[195.130.137.75]
Aug 30 17:06:17 lcl postfix/smtpd[12453]: 662F042947A: client=europa.telenet-ops.be[195.130.137.75]
Aug 30 17:06:17 lcl postfix/cleanup[12457]: 662F042947A: message-id=<FFE289D8-2B62-435B-9387-9C75442A6D46@xxxxxxxx>
Aug 30 17:06:17 lcl postfix/qmgr[11671]: 662F042947A: from=<xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxx>, size=1049, nrcpt=1 (queue active)
Aug 30 17:06:17 lcl postfix/smtpd[12453]: disconnect from europa.telenet-ops.be[195.130.137.75]
Aug 30 17:06:17 lcl postfix/local[12458]: 662F042947A: to=<xxx user with autorespond xxx>, orig_to=<xxx his mailadress xxx>, relay=local, delay=0.12, delays=0.02/0.01/0/0.09, dsn=2.0.0, status=sent (delivered to command: /usr/bin/procmail -f-)
Aug 30 17:06:17 lcl postfix/qmgr[11671]: 662F042947A: removed
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Autoresponder not working? cambo Installation/Configuration 36 24th July 2008 05:18
Debian 3.1 install - Autoresponder not working jockstrap Installation/Configuration 4 15th July 2006 13:58
Autoresponder / Local Username / Reject / Bounce Yves Installation/Configuration 3 12th July 2006 14:58
Autoresponder - works and works not Thunderbirdsei Installation/Configuration 8 8th February 2006 17:11
Autoresponder gone kanal42 Installation/Configuration 7 29th October 2005 12:43


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:00.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.