Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 29th July 2005, 14:52
maxx maxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 70
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to maxx Send a message via Skype™ to maxx
Default Own language pack?

How to add/edit/make own language pack?

- Maxx
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2  
Old 29th July 2005, 15:34
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 34,586
Thanks: 792
Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxx
How to add/edit/make own language pack?

- Maxx
1) If you want to edit an exiting language pack, serach for files with
the extension .lng and the language you want to edit (e.g. en.lng for
english) in the directories above the directory /home/admispconfig/ispconfig

Open the files in an text editor and change the text on the right side
of the equal sign enclosed in quotes.

--

2) If you want to make a new language pack for a language that is not
yet available in ISPConfig, take the attached .zip file (it contains the text
files for ISPConfig 2.0.6). Extract the text files inside.

Open the files in a text editor like "wordpad" on windows or linux, that can
open documents with windows and linux linebreaks. Dont use Word!

Inside the files, there are lines like this:

$hlp["dns_ttl"] = "DNS TTL in seconds.";

The text on the right side of the equal sign, enclosed
in quotes mus be translated.

The example translation for the above line to german would be:

$hlp["dns_ttl"] = "DNS TTL in Sekunden.";

When you send us these translated file we can make them part of the next
ISPConfig release and release an .pkg file to update older ISPConfig releases.
Attached Files
File Type: zip language_en.zip (25.3 KB, 531 views)
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 29th July 2005, 15:35
maxx maxx is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Finland
Posts: 70
Thanks: 2
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Send a message via MSN to maxx Send a message via Skype™ to maxx
Default Thanks

Thanks!

Now all I need to do is to get ISPconfig working... Just installing.

- Maxx

And language Finnish language pack is coming. Here is one for Uebimiau.



Quote:
Originally Posted by till
1) If you want to edit an exiting language pack, serach for files with
the extension .lng and the language you want to edit (e.g. en.lng for
english) in the directories above the directory /home/admispconfig/ispconfig

Open the files in an text editor and change the text on the right side
of the equal sign enclosed in quotes.

--

2) If you want to make a new language pack for a language that is not
yet available in ISPConfig, take the attached .zip file (it contains the text
files for ISPConfig 2.0.6). Extract the text files inside.

Open the files in a text editor like "wordpad" on windows or linux, that can
open documents with windows and linux linebreaks. Dont use Word!

Inside the files, there are lines like this:

$hlp["dns_ttl"] = "DNS TTL in seconds.";

The text on the right side of the equal sign, enclosed
in quotes mus be translated.

The example translation for the above line to german would be:

$hlp["dns_ttl"] = "DNS TTL in Sekunden.";

When you send us these translated file we can make them part of the next
ISPConfig release and release an .pkg file to update older ISPConfig releases.
Attached Files
File Type: txt fin.txt (8.8 KB, 521 views)

Last edited by maxx; 30th July 2005 at 14:25.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 8th August 2005, 09:09
datahellas datahellas is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 13
Thanks: 0
Thanked 4 Times in 1 Post
Default Greek translation

Hello,
I want to translate ISPconfig in Greek but the default encoding is iso-8859-1 which does not support Greek characters. In the language files I did not see any encoding settings for the translated language. How can I use iso-8859-7 for Greek? I dont want solutions like modifying apache headers. I want to have iso-8859-7 for Greek and if I switch to English to have iso-8859-1.

Note: ISPConfig installation went perfect on my new Fedora Core 4 server. Thanks ISPconfig development team.

Last edited by datahellas; 8th August 2005 at 09:14.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 8th August 2005, 10:36
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 34,586
Thanks: 792
Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by datahellas
Hello,
I want to translate ISPconfig in Greek but the default encoding is iso-8859-1 which does not support Greek characters. In the language files I did not see any encoding settings for the translated language. How can I use iso-8859-7 for Greek? I dont want solutions like modifying apache headers. I want to have iso-8859-7 for Greek and if I switch to English to have iso-8859-1.

Note: ISPConfig installation went perfect on my new Fedora Core 4 server. Thanks ISPconfig development team.
Hello, currently there are no other encodings suppoerted. We are working
on the support for other than iso-8859-1 encodings.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 24th January 2006, 15:42
rkubik rkubik is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Encodings

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Hello, currently there are no other encodings suppoerted. We are working
on the support for other than iso-8859-1 encodings.
Hi all,

is here any further development regarding encoding support. I wanted to translate lng files to Czech but found that encoding would be a problem. Thanks for info. RK
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 24th January 2006, 19:14
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 34,586
Thanks: 792
Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts
Default

Other encodings where not supported yet, but you might build encoding support for ISPConfig and submit a patch :-)
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 27th January 2006, 12:13
rkubik rkubik is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default coding

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
Other encodings where not supported yet, but you might build encoding support for ISPConfig and submit a patch :-)
Thanks for info. I would do it if I know how. The ony thing I can do unfortunately is to translate lng.files. RK
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 27th January 2006, 14:40
till till is offline
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Lüneburg, Germany
Posts: 34,586
Thanks: 792
Thanked 4,983 Times in 3,903 Posts
Default

I will try to get encodings working in ISPConfig 2 soon
__________________
Till Brehm
--
Get ISPConfig support and the ISPConfig 3 manual from ispconfig.org.
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 27th January 2006, 15:10
Traxus Traxus is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
 
Default

What about switching from ISO-8859-1 to UTF-8 encoding? That way language depending encodings are not required and it should work nicely with PHP.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 00:55.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.