Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Desktop Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 22nd August 2007, 04:09

Unhappy Restoring files from Trash to original directory

Is there any way to restore files from the trash, while re-creating the original directory hierarchy they were in? (like in windows).

i accidentally deleted about 45,000 files earlier via samba.... luckily in my samba config I have all the deleted files going to root/.Trash ... so at least i can restore them... just much of it is going to be useless if not in their original subdirectories...

i am moving files off my server for an upgrade and since it's rather large i am moving it to several different drives, arrays, etc

somehow when i went to delete the directory i had just transfered... it reversed my selection and instead deleted everything BUT my highlighted directory... never happened to me before, especially since there is no shortcuts for "invert selection" (in windows).

i'm running on centos 4.4, gnome... any help would be much appreciated...
Sponsored Links