Old 29th November 2005, 21:16

Default Re: Weird Thing with PHP

Hey guys,

How are ya'll today? I have a weird problem going on, I got the ISPConfig installed fine on a P4 2 ghz with 384 mb of memory 120 gb hd nic is 10/100 and a few other cool things. The box has Fedora Core 4 updated to latest and greatest of everything.

I installed the phpmyadmin and the Webmail package, But I put my content manager PHPwcms in the main directory /var/www/html, so far so good but when I pull up my site http://ispconfig.homelinux.org <- Please take a look. I get all the php code instead of the graphical website take a look anyone got any ideas on this.

I am little miffed since the ISPConfig and phpmyadmin and Webmail seem to be fine and working as expected. I uled my site via WinScp directly to the /var/www/html and made sure all the correct permissions were on all directories involved, but php does not seem to be working for my main site.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by bccisp01; 29th November 2005 at 21:20.
Sponsored Links
Old 29th November 2005, 21:19

Hi

Did you check PHP Scripts: box in the basis/isp site???

Hector
Old 29th November 2005, 21:24

Default Re: Weird PHP Thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyito
Hi

Did you check PHP Scripts: box in the basis/isp site???

Hector
Okay hold on a sec what do you mean by basis/isp site? And where do I find it. I am not that familiar with it yet but I am trying to learn very quick.

Thanks,
Old 29th November 2005, 21:28

OK go to ispconfig admin,click on ISPManager, then locate your site ( maybe inside SITES, expand) click on your site and look for the PHP Scripts: box at your rigth panel ( basis panel )

Hector
Old 29th November 2005, 21:32

Default Re: Wierd PHP thing

Quote:
Originally Posted by toyito
OK go to ispconfig admin,click on ISPManager, then locate your site ( maybe inside SITES, expand) click on your site and look for the PHP Scripts: box at your rigth panel ( basis panel )

Hector
There in lies the problem I haven't got any sites under the sites folder so lemme try and create that then I will look for that.

Thanks,
Old 30th November 2005, 01:24
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,579 Posts

I think you're talking about your main web site in /var/www/html that was there before you installed ISPConfig.

The ISPConfig installer disables PHP globally and enables it on a per site-basis; that's why PHP doesn't work for your main site anymore. If the installer didn't disable PHP globally, then PHP would always work for every web site you create in ISPConfig, no matter if you enable or disable PHP for that web site in the ISPConfig web interface.

I'd recommend that you create a web site in ISPconfig, enable PHP for that web site and then move all your files/scripts from your main web site to the new web site!

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 14th September 2006, 21:08

Question Getting things straight

Okay...

I bought the domains "faudasticmedia.com" and "faudastic.com". I followed the Fedora 5 perfect setup on my machine, but did it with my 32 bit version... The name for this machine is server1.faudasticmedia.com. ISPConfig was setup using this name as well. I created 2 sites within ISPConfig www.faudastic.com and www.faudasticmedia.com. I've got an email address setup and working as travis.beatty@faudasticmedia.com - side note - Rogers sucks as they block smtp traffic.

I've found that php is disabled in the site www.faudasticmedia.com, but works in www.faudastic.com. I think this thread has answered why that is... Now... For some reason (I think it maybe due to "globals" settings) I can't seem to get any pages that use $HTTP_GET_VARS['somevalue'] or $HTTP_POST_VARS['someothervalue'] to work. I've tried switching everything over to $_GET['somevalue'] and $_POST['someothervalue'], but something like

if($_GET['something']){
echo "Blah Blah";
}

and the URL is "somepage.php?something=1"... it won't display Blah Blah for me...

Any suggestions?

Last edited by beatty_t; 14th September 2006 at 21:13.
Old 15th September 2006, 20:43
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,749 Times in 2,579 Posts

Does it display anything when you put
Code:
print_r($_GET);
into your PHP script? Which PHP version do you use?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: