Old 5th July 2007, 23:11

Default Co-Domains problems

Hi All,

I am having a couple of problems creating and deleting co-domains.

1.) The client cannot delete co-domains. I have to delete them through the admin interface. Attemping to delete co-domains via a client login results in "You cannot delete this domain" Is this normal? If so, how can I change it?

2.) I cannot create co-domains for one domain in particular (IE - test1.com). This problem is only limited to the test1.com domain, and all other domains can create co-domains successfully. Let me explain:

After clicking on new, and I fill out the hostname and domain field (IE - bob and test1.com), I see the following error: "The Domain belongs to another client." However, this co-domain, bob.test1.com, does not belong to another client. It doesn't matter what I put into the host field, I always receive the same error. I have made sure to empty the recycle bin. I have also tried deleting the troublesome site and recreating it. I am wondering if there is a database issue here.

Any ideas?

Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Old 6th July 2007, 01:31

Well I fixed #2. There was a co-domain in isp_isp_domain that shouldn't have been there. It was odd. It didn't show up anywhere in ispconfig, and it wasn't in the recycle bin, so I can only assume that the db screwed up somewhere. Manually clearing that entry out fixed it.

I'm stilling having problem #1 if anyone has ideas.
Old 6th July 2007, 12:12
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,209 Times in 4,085 Posts

1) This can not be changed without coding. It is a security function to prevent clients from deleting their co-domain and replacing it by something like e.g. gmail.com to fetch all emails to gmail sent trough your server by other clients.
Old 6th July 2007, 15:57

That makes sense. Thanks for the reply.

Do you have any idea what would have caused #2 to occur?