Old 14th June 2007, 17:39

Default New howto request: Zimbra

Hi Falko!
Since I've first seen the site howtoforge, I was impressed about all the very fine howtos there, most of them written by you.
They're all great and very helpful for those "wannabe" server admins out there (me included)

I'm interested in installing Zimbra mail server, and I've read your howto, now my problem is that I now have a server with a fresh Debian 4 installation, and the howto for the Ubuntu seems to be very similar and I thought I will just manage to install, despite the little differences.
The only problem is that one of the steps in the installation is to download a pre-built package from their site, and I don't find any package for Debian 4, all of them are either for Debian 3.1 or for Ubuntu 6.
Is it possible for me to use one of those packages? If possible, then which one of them?

Of course I'd like you to write a new Zimbra howto specific for Debian 4, but I guess it will take you some time.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Ziv
Sponsored Links
Old 15th June 2007, 14:38
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,735 Times in 2,571 Posts

As Ubuntu 6/7 and Debian Etch are very similar, I'd try to install the latest Ubuntu package. But maybe (if this is an important system) you should create a backup before you try it.

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on: