Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > Server Operation

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 25th June 2007, 12:02

I have two servers on one network and my desktop is on another with the servers on their own internet with two routers going through a switcher. The desktop has two NIC cards going to the switcher. I disabled the gateway on the card I use to access the servers with as the servers are a different IP address then my desktop. I then use winscp and putty to access them from the desktop. So far I've haven't had any problems accessing the servers from the desktop or through the web.
Sponsored Links
Old 25th June 2007, 22:57

Send a message via ICQ to mitoskalandiel Send a message via Skype™ to mitoskalandiel

Default hmmm

i'm just wondering:

why on earth should you bother with a server that is meant to interact with windooz machines when you have two perfectly running linux machines which could just share their files with NFS??

just an idea :P