Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > ISPConfig 2 > Installation/Configuration

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 2nd June 2007, 01:40

Default Change password on Squirrelmail under ISPConfig

I installed the ISPConfig in the CentOS, following the tutorial of the Falko (http://www.howtoforge.com/perfect_setup_centos5.0). I installed after the package squirrelmail.pkg. I installed the translation of the squirrelmail for my language (pt_BR) and now wanted to install one plugin of the squirrelmail so that the proper user of the email changed its password. I found this plugin (http://squirrelmail.org/plugin_view.php?id=117) that it interacts with /etc/passwd or /etc/shadow.

Somebody already tested this plugin and knows if it functions or it could indicate me another way to make this?

Thanks in advance.

Sergio
Sponsored Links
Old 2nd June 2007, 12:11
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts

I recommend to not use this plugin, use the ISPConfig mail user login instead.
The Following User Says Thank You to till For This Useful Post:
soho (2nd June 2007)
Old 2nd June 2007, 15:46

hi till,

I thank its reply, but using mailuser the user has that to insert the credentials in the format to web5_user and not in the similar format user@domain.com to the squirrelmail.

In mailuser exists some configuration that I will be able to make so that the user inserts user@domain.com as in the squirrelmail?

Sorry for my bad English...

Sergio
Old 2nd June 2007, 16:04
Super Moderator

Thanked 5,652 Times in 4,461 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by soho
I thank its reply, but using mailuser the user has that to insert the credentials in the format to web5_user and not in the similar format user@domain.com to the squirrelmail.
No, thats not correct. The mailuser login of ISPConfig is in the format user@domain.com and not web5_user.
Old 2nd June 2007, 16:19

hummmm... then I made some thing missed in the configurations, therefore I did not obtain to have access with the format user@domain.com, presents the error “unknow user”.

I go to check my configurations and to try to find the problem.

Sergio
Old 4th June 2007, 23:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by till
No, thats not correct. The mailuser login of ISPConfig is in the format user@domain.com and not web5_user.
Hi Til,

I tried to find some error in the configurations, but so far I did not find. I create the Customer, after that the site, I configure everything, I create the email account (user@domain.com), access the webmail and to send messages. But if to try to have access mailuser, with the format user@domain.com always is shown the error of "Unknown User".

With the format to web5_user access without problems.

Some tip?

If anything can go wrong, will, and will give wrong in the worst way, in the worst moment and in order to cause the most damage possible. (Murphy's Law)
Old 5th June 2007, 00:37

hummmm... Now I was confused: in this post (http://www.howtoforge.com/forums/sho...light=mailuser) is mentioned that the mailuser login with username and not email-address.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lellel

But if i try to login with the username, web1_test, i can login. If I have understand it right, the users are supposed to login with their mailadress - not the username.

Lellel
Quote:
Originally Posted by falko
No, for the mailuser interface you need the username, not the email address.

If anything can go wrong, will, and will give wrong in the worst way, in the worst moment and in order to cause the most damage possible. (Murphy's Law)
Old 5th June 2007, 09:50

there is an other post in the forum which say how to have email address login with squirrelmail with some changes
Old 5th June 2007, 14:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_spy
there is an other post in the forum which say how to have email address login with squirrelmail with some changes
I thank the_spy, but the question now is not the squirrelmail, now the problem is to mailuser. The solution that necessary is a simple and practical tool where the users can change its password of email without the intervention of the ISP support.