Never claimed it was a bug
I figured out my second problem having to do with e-mail from outside the firewall. I created two sites through ISPConfig. One a test site and the other which will be our real site once the DNS is changed on the current domain name registration. Well, the e-mail I was sending was a test send to the domain name which is still active outside the firewall but is also defined inside the firewall. Postfix was resolving the TO: address in the local domain which should have been external. Once I removed "real" site from ISPConfig, all worked fine.
Oh well, maybe someone will learn from my example.
Now to figure out the date display on the webmail client.