Go Back   HowtoForge Forums | HowtoForge - Linux Howtos and Tutorials > Linux Forums > HOWTO-Related Questions

Do you like HowtoForge? Please consider supporting us by becoming a subscriber.

Old 8th May 2007, 06:47

Default Virtual Users And Domains With Postfix, Courier And MySQL (Fedora Core 5)

I followed the above tutorial but using different version of postfix srpm ( version 2.4) with vda patch from http://postfix.wl0.org.

I got the problem with quota.

When i set quota field in users table with default value '10485760', i got error message,
maildir delivery failed: user overdrawn his diskspace quota. Strangely, the user folder is empty.

I aslo try to manually create maildirsize with size of 10485760, but the problem still occured.

When i reset the value of quota field to 0, mail is delivered to user folder.

Any help is appreciated.

Tq.
Sponsored Links
Old 9th May 2007, 17:40
Super Moderator

Thanked 2,715 Times in 2,557 Posts

How big is the mail that you're trying to send to the user?

FB: http://www.facebook.com/howtoforge

nginx-Webhosting: Timme Hosting | Follow me on:
Old 10th May 2007, 05:50

Only small file with size less than 1KB.

Anyway, I manage to get rid of the problem after follow exactly the setup in the howto, and now quota worked fine. Actualy, i only change the the sql query to suit my need as below and configure virtual_mailbox_base to /.

I still need assistant to get my intended setup running fine with quota. I am trying to migrate from qmail-mysql to postfix-mysql, and i have users table with home field with absolute path in qmail-mysql setup. I try to stick with current design.

This is my setup.

I alter users table and create 'home' field. This field will refer to user's home folder with absolute path ( /home/test)

I modified mysql query in /etc/postfix/mysql-virtual_mailboxes.cf to, query=select concat(home, '/') FROM users WHERE email='%s', and set virtual_mailbox_base = /. I don't know how to get rid of the variable and postfix refuse to start without this variable. So, i put / for that.

With this setup, i face the problem with quota as posted before. I think it may be related to virtual_mailbox_base when the value is set to / and my sql query.

How can i ignore this virtual_mailbox_base value, and tell postfix/vda not to append value to my home field ?. I try not change my home value ( get rid of first /) because i have internal program that refer to the home folder with absolute path.

Do you have any suggestion to make my setup work.

Tq.

Last edited by my978796; 10th May 2007 at 06:07.